3 months ago
Principal Sales Engineer (96296)
: Sales Engineering
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich
Salary : competitive
: Mar 13, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT Security is a rapidly growing division of BT Group providing our customers with security solutions to protect them against the increasingly complex threats that are becoming ever more sophisticated.
With operations in over 180 countries supporting some of the world’s largest companies, from financial institutions to pharmaceuticals, we have a unique perspective on cyber-crime.
We have built a team of 2,500 experts in 14 global centres.
Constantly watching, learning, predicting and responding to threats to protect us and our customers from these threats. To continue to help organisations get ahead of the threat curve and simplify the uncertainty and complexity of security issues, we are looking to recruit additional experienced sales people to join us in this exciting and ever challenging environment.
What you'll be doing
This role is a business critical position within our team, you will help support the sales team by providing pre sales design support up to High Level Designs.
You will be in charge of and work on various projects within the team including:
* Understand the decision making criteria of the client and gain insight into the weighting of the technology, business risk and price.
* Combine the technology aspects of any solution into a high quality, cohesive and compelling technical design to support any sales proposal documents and presentations as required.
* To ensure that technical designs have gained the appropriate technical sign-off through the appropriate solutions assurance process (or via Devolved Authority if appropriate)
* To ensure and monitor all opportunities where role holder is actively involved be appropriately badged with correct BT Security categories, associated revenues and Sales Engineer to be picked into the sales team on Sales Force.
* To take lead technical responsibility to drive profitable business by working with the customer, account team, specialist sales and commercial team to achieve the win price.
* Ensure that all mandatory training is completed appropriately and correctly on the BT LMS portal giving management a clear and accurate view of completed training.
* Ensure that utilisation is measured and recorded appropriately and correctly on BT time recording systems in a timely manner and following local instructions giving management a clear and accurate view of resource metrics.
* Ensure that all sales related administration is appropriately completed in a timely manner and following local instructions giving management a clear and accurate view of completed activities.
* To operate within SG&A budgets both personally and across the team, ensuring that all SG&A expenditure is measured and recorded appropriately and correctly on BT systems on a monthly basis giving management a clear and accurate view of these metrics.
* Lead on larger, more complex opportunities which may involve more than one BT Security portfolio area. (e.g. Multi-Matrix and/or Complex/Highly Complex opportunities)
We'll also need to see these on your CV
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong pre-sales design background either working for a Vendor or MSSP/ Consultancy. We would like to see prior experience with the following security vendors technologies ideally with certification where possible:
Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Zscaler, Fortinet, Symantec and Forescout.
Other vendors we use across our estate at times may also include F5, Arbor, Skybox, Fireye, Akamai and Cisco and therefore if you have experience in these we would also be interested in speaking with you.
The following competencies are what we would expect you to have previous experience of in yoru career so far.
* Technical design competence – ability to complete security designs for both standard and complex solutions, adhering to governance and assurance processes.
* Communication skills – ability to engage with customers at all levels, and to work closely with Sales Specialists and Bid production teams to produce fully priced solutions for the customer
* Assimilation – understanding and replaying customer requirements, and also understanding technical detail of portfolio and vendor offerings.
* Ability to empathise and prioritise – sales work is dynamic, time pressured and often political. Sales Engineers must be able to focus on a technical solution whilst understanding the wider political and commercial environment.
* Enthusiasm. The Security environment is dynamic and growing rapidly. Sales Engineers need to keep abreast of developments, trends and threats, and where appropriate take ownership of a specific technology area. As such the SE needs to be self-motivated, enthusiastic about BT and keen to continually broaden and apply their learning.