7 months ago
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated senior sales professions to help accelerate our growing Storage business. Customers of all sizes face unique challenges in managing and storing data and accomplishing complex missions with limited resources.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team, bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to commercial leaders that want to serve their customers more effectively. The role will require a high degree of consultative selling and leadership skills as you engage some of the most recognizable corporate brands in the world. The role will require you to represent Amazon Web Services (AWS) in strategic conversations and opportunities with the CXO audience.
As a Commercial Sector Principal Sales leader within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing storage services (Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB and others).
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure commercial success in building Storage solutions and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Build and manage sales pipeline and manage the end to end sales cycle for storage.
• Work with Accounts Managers to remove blockers and support in RFIs and RFPs
• Engage systems integrators and support their sales implementation efforts.
• Closely collaborate with AWS Account Management teams and support and promote APN
• Consulting and Technology Partners in order to deliver maximum customer value.
• Assist solution providers and customers with the definition and implementation of storage strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offerings on the AWS platform.
• Develop and deliver compelling presentations and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of storage solutions for Amazon Web Services.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the worldwide AWS solution sales teams on Storage engagement.
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
· The candidate will possess customer-facing skills selling at a C-Level
· Background in selling Enterprise Storage Solutions (either Block, File, Objects or Cloud)
· A background of selling integrated solutions in a wider IaaS encompassing data management, analytics and storage.
· Demonstrate analytical thinking and possess experience of Storage technology solutions (including block, file and cloud)
· Deep sales and Advisory/consulting experience, including some experience with global accounts and large commercial customers.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
· Business fluent English
· Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
· Understanding of Storage is a prerequisite and application, server, and network security is highly desired.
· Executive speaking and presentation skills – Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations is highly desired
· Experience working with cloud and cloud based solutions
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Math
· Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps