7 months ago
Admiral has always considered our Pricing department to be a fundamental cornerstone of the successful growth of our business and as we continue to transform from a monoline car insurer to one who offers a growing range of personal lines products, we are looking for driven, skilled and experienced pricing managers to join us in our Cardiff Headquarters.
We are looking for creative, innovative and ambitious individuals with 5+ years' experience in any insurance pricing role, who have a track record of finding insight in data, can take ownership for driving forward change and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues, both at a peer level and in a managerial role. Your final position could be for any of our products (for example motor pricing, household pricing, etc), based on your experience and skills.
* Analysing our pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management.
* Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors
* Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different group companies, including Heads of Department and CEO/COO
* Collaborating with peers in pricing and with stakeholders from all relevant areas of the business
* Management and development of other members of the team
Qualifications, skills and experience we are looking for
* A degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a highly mathematical subject
* Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background
* At least 5 years' experience in a pricing role, plus managerial experience
* Experience of working with SAS or similar packages essential
* Experience of GLM and/or Machine Learning techniques and software such as Emblem is an advantage
* Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
* Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills
* Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Personality and a sense of humour (we believe work should be fun!)
We're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in eight countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focused culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with competitive pay, great benefits, a share package based on company performance (after a year of service), work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks.
Read more about us.
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We understand that a good work life balance is important, and we want you to have an element of freedom to define a working lifestyle that supports this. We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please get in touch for more information.