18 days ago
Note this role could be based out of Slough or Leeds
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Governance and New Capability team are responsible for delivering a clear and innovative strategy for Service Management that creates value and the Governance to ensure that we deliver upon our intent.
The team provide the overriding Service Management Governance to ensure that we clearly manage and achieve our strategic intent. We work closely with our peers across Service Management as well as cross functionally including IT, Networks and Enterprise to ensure that we have the right governance in place to achieve our roadmap deliverables.
The Portfolio Governance Manager will report to the Head of Governance and New Capability and be responsible for managing programme and project assurance across Service Management.
* Provide an information hub for tracking and reporting roadmap programmes and projects including oversight of risks and issues.
* Be responsible for providing the governance framework for Programme Managers, Project Managers, Workstream Leads and Business Owners to assure the successful delivery of change requirements, inter-dependencies and risk. This will be conducted in accordance with the guiding practices and methodologies from the IT and Network PMO.
* Record and report the delivery of new capability to support Customer Stakeholders in tracking the realisation of projected benefits.
* Support Business Owners and Project Managers with the delivery of new capability as and when required.
* Proactively monitor progress, resolve issues and initiate appropriate corrective action as required.
* Take on the role of Programme Manager as required for early life Service Management initiatives.
Skills & experience:
* Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
* Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
* Sound business case development and approvals skills
* Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
* The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
* Experience of delivering complex programmes
* Desirable - Certified (ITIL, 6 Sigma, Prince 2) or a good knowledge of programme and project management methods including MSP and PRINCE2
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.