8 months ago
Platform Test Assurance Manager
The Platform Test Assurance Team based in Norwich supports all change activity on the Advised and Consumer Savings Platforms in Aviva UK Life. This team forms part of the E-Commerce Service & Support Team which in itself is part of Aviva UK Life’s Platform Development & E-Commerce Team and provides user support (ECSD) to over 38,000 advisers using our (Life) e-commerce services including Aviva For Advisers and the Advised platform plus 10,000 customers on the Consumer Savings Platform.
The Platform Test Assurance Team is a new team focused on providing test support to major projects and BAU change activity across both the Advised Platform and Consumer Savings Platform. The team is made up of a manager and 3 test analysts. The team supports the broader IT&C activity and BAU change activity with our 3rd party platform suppliers, including FNZ. The team works closely with the change teams in York and the wider IT&C Test Assurance teams in Norwich.
Key stakeholders include Advised Platform and CSP change teams, and Aviva’s IT&C functions including Test Assurance teams. Working collaboratively with our key strategic platform supplier (FNZ) and their change and test teams will be a key part of the successful candidate’s responsibilities.
The role represents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment where their skills will be put to good use supporting our key strategic platform businesses within the life company; gaining a deep understanding of these businesses and developing valuable digital and business experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
* The Platform Test Assurance Team exists to carry out testing on change items; including project change, defect fixes & small change prior to production deployment. This includes the planning, design, creation and execution of test scripts. PTAT will also support production deployment testing/commissioning activity.
* The PTAT team works closely with the Ecommerce Service Team with members expected to work alongside ECSD members in the provision of support to users of our online services.
* The Platform Test Assurance Team Manager will have:
* Responsibility for the PTAT Staff
* Responsibility for the operational effectiveness of PTAT processes
* Accountability for the operations of the PTAT including resource scheduling.
* Jointly responsible (with Ecommerce Service Desk Manager) for management of staffing levels across PTAT and ECSD
* Planning, Monitoring & Control of Testing Activities
* Work with Small change team to ensure test priorities aligned to change activity.
* Formulate full regression test pack and keep this updated.
* Report on Test completion/outcomes.
* Work with project teams/3rd parties to feedback/act on defects found in testing.
* Escalate showstopper defects.
* Successful management of resources across PTAT and ECSD teams to deliver priority business outcomes
Skills & Experience required
* ISTQB Foundation (essential) or equivalent
* ISTQB Test Manager (Desirable)
* Extensive experience of working in a testing environment
* Experience of Investment Platform propositions, including the regulations that apply to investment businesses (CASS)
* Experience of UK Financial Adviser Market
* Excellent Presentation/Communication Skills
* Able to deliver quality results through others.
* Able to influence stakeholders at all levels
* Excellent prioritisation, delegation, and organisational skills
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of up to £50,700
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.