3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with cellular radio technologies and features such as 2G/3G/4G LTE, VoLTE, 4X4 MIMO, 5G, antenna design, etc.
* Experience working with cellular carriers on carrier certifications.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience with PTCRB/GCF certification.
* Experience in the full product lifecycle, including documentation and acceptance testing.
* Programming experience in any of the following; Java, C, Bash, Python.
* Effective planning, communication and project management skills.
* Fluency in a European language.
About the job
At Google, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Technical Carrier Relations team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently. With your technical expertise, you build business applications and influence the design of features that improve the reliability of our applications and systems. You also define the scope of technical projects and oversee execution.
As a Solutions Consultant, you will be responsible for technical partner management and the certification of wireless devices. You will secure technical acceptance of wireless hardware products and manage relationships with Google's strategic carrier partners. You will plan carrier requirements with internal and external customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing certification schedules, identifying risks and managing acceptance with carrier technical staff.
You will provide the key interface between external teams and partner test labs to internal test and development teams. You are the interface between the Carriers and the Pixel team and are driving product and platform releases. You will coordinate with test partners, ensure all issues are tracked, and report issues back to the development teams. You will apply your detailed technical knowledge of wireless standards (i.e. Cellular, IMS, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi) to understand, prioritize and drive resolution to issues found during certification testing. You will support the product definition process with regards to certification. You will also help shape Google's best practices, tools and processes for new Pixel phones.
Whether working with next-gen chipset manufacturers or emerging market telcos, Google's Pixel Technical Carrier Relations team helps solve some of the toughest mobile technology problems. We work with teams throughout Google to develop solutions for strategic partners around the globe. We maintain crucial relationships with and build technical solutions for our long-term partners.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
* Report on project status, prioritize tasks, analyze issues; drive them to resolution together with Hardware and Software Engineering team.
* Generate and maintain compliance matrix documents for wireless devices.
* Represent Google in front of mobile carriers in the EMEA region.
* Analyze new network features and gather operator requirements; provide guidance and feedback to Engineering and Product managers.
* Interface with internal and external stakeholders for Pixel phones on technical matters.