about 1 year ago
Personal Injury Claim Handlers
We have full time Fixed Term Contract / Permanent vacancies based in our Dublin offices
We are looking for experienced claims handlers to join our Motor Personal Injuries Team. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining the Motor Claims team you’ll have a vital role to play.
We are looking for individuals with a dynamic approach to Personal Injury Claims, who can provide the highest level of technical expertise and advice to our customers.
We want to hire talented, motivated people and give them the autonomy to innovate and make good decisions. We want people who are inquisitive, self-motivated and eager to grow with us.
The purpose of the role is to assist and support our customers when they need us most by investigating their claim and agreeing a fair settlement within policy and legal liability.
In this role you will:
* Taking Ownership and dealing with Customer and Claimant demand.
* Collaborating, Co-operating and Supporting your team members by identifying priority work
* Having a clear strategy that will get the best & fairest settlement for the Customer, Aviva & the Claimant.
* Building your relationships through active use of telephone to achieve your settlement goals.
* Pro-Actively identify the right claims to settle at the right time.
* Have confidence to seek guidance and make decisions which are right first time
* Demonstrate excellent and consistent approach to managing your portfolio of work, ensuring early decision-making.
* Explore all settlement opportunities throughout the lifecycle of a claim
* Negotiate claims settlements for complex, non complex injury and damage claims.
* Deal with pre-PIAB claims up to litigated claims ensuring each has a clear strategy
* Ensure that your portfolio of files are adequately reserved at all times by adhering to the reserving guidelines
* Identify fraudulent cases by gathering & analysing all the critical data and liaise with our Fraud Teams
* Identify any serious injury cases and refer them immediately for review
* Ensure compliance with the CPC, DPA and all relevant legislation at all times
* Understand customer feedback and what is important to our customers
* Build positive relationships with colleagues and external partners, in a professional and approachable manner
* Share insights and feedback with colleagues.
* Execute required administrative duties and undertake file reviews, projects, or duties as management may require.
The successful candidates will have the ability to make sound judgements and balancing needs of the customer and those of Aviva.
Ideally you will have:
* APA/CIP Qualification
* Proven experience in Motor Damage and Injury Claims Handling.
* Experience in financial services working environment
* High learning agility
* Ability to manage complex situations
* Excellent Problem solving abilities
* Proven negotiation skills with experience in settlement of complex & non complex motor injury claims
* Capability to provide the best possible outcomes for both the customer and Aviva.
* Active Listening Skills
* Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
* Ability to Manage own workload
* Positive Relationship building skills
* Commitment to the customer environment
* Excellent communication skills
This role is within the scope of the Central Bank of Ireland's Minimum Competency Code.
What will you get in this role?
* A generous defined contribution pension scheme with an additional 8% also paid in on your behalf.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays with the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Exclusive access to discounts on Aviva Life, Insurance and Health policies
* An excellent range of flexible benefits including, but not limited to, an approved profit share scheme, gym and health offerings, holiday loans and a cycle to work scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Louise Keogh.
About UsWe help our 33 million customers to save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life. To give these customers the best possible products and service we know we must make Aviva the most attractive choice for talented, entrepreneurial people with diverse backgrounds and an evolving range of expertise and insight.
So, we’re passionate about helping our 29,500 people to do the best work of their lives, to enable them to make a positive difference to the lives of our customers.