3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in business development/partnerships and/or strategy, interacting with C-level partner executives.
* Experience in the travel sector.
* Ability to speak and write in English and German or French fluently and idiomatically.
* Knowledge of the travel industry.
* Ability to work well with ambiguity, solve complex challenges, and scale effectively across a large and highly distributed organization.
* Ability to display emotional intelligence that enables close working relationships with key leaders internally and externally.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
The Partnerships Solutions team leads One Google vertical strategies in Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA), to improve our relationships, regulatory outcomes, and growth. We focus on aligning internally through One Google narratives and vertical communities, aligning with partners through cross-functional engagement plans, executive sponsorship, and product collaborations, and aligning with ecosystems by bringing the best of Google to solve industry challenges. We cover some of the most influential and challenging sectors in Europe, including News and Publishers, Media and Entertainment, Telecommunications, Automotive, Finance, Retail, and Travel. We are in a position to positively impact how Google operates in the region and how we connect with our environment.
As a Partnerships Solutions Manager, you will work closely with Google teams across the company and help in building partnerships with the largest (EMEA) travel companies. You will be responsible for understanding the challenges and opportunities in the travel sector, aligning with Product, Policy, and Legal teams, facilitating cross-functional agreements with partners, and coordinating our vertical approach towards the sector. In this role, you will continuously find solutions and directly execute, while building effective partnerships with cross-functional groups.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
* Work closely with EMEA's Travel Sales and related teams to identify key strategic challenges and opportunities for Google in the travel sector across the region.
* Become a central connection to leaders in our Travel Product and Sales teams to provide effective feedback loops from the market and help challenge/sharpen our go-to-market strategy as well as to drive and advocate new partnership opportunities.
* Support teams in building comprehensive cross-functional engagement plans for the main players in the sector to grow their business, find common policy goals, and create long-term relationships.
* Drive and advocate new partnership opportunities for Google with the sector, providing opportunities beyond the core travel distribution business (e.g., Cloud, Assistant).
* Coordinate Google’s public outreach activities in the Travel sector together with Marketing, Policy, and Public Relations teams to find new opportunities.