4 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with data analysis, coding, engineering and SQL queries. Client-facing experience.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience with, and knowledge of, internet video technologies, including Digital Rights Management (DRM) solutions, video or audio codecs, live streaming, 360/VR, etc.
* Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
* A team player and creative thinker, with the ability to work well in a globally distributed cross-functional environment.
* Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
* Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
About the job
YouTube's Technology Services team is a global organization dedicated to developing and managing the company's largest and most strategic partnerships. We work closely with the YouTube product, engineering, and content teams to address our partners' most pressing and complex technology challenges. As a Partner Technology Manager, you'll lead deployments, optimize implementations, and handle integrations to build strong, successful, long-term partnerships.
YouTube has a vast creator base of partners who create all different types of content offerings, including live streams, paid subscriptions and video on demand. In this role, you will manage technical engagements with media companies and be responsible for the ongoing success and satisfaction of a portfolio of partners. By managing the technical relationship with an understanding of their business objectives and values, you will drive partnership success through the effective adoption of our product offerings.
As a Partner Technology Manager, you'll have the opportunity to lead projects and teams that require collaboration across other functions (Product, Engineering, Business Development, Operations, Marketing, etc.). You will be instrumental in improving existing operations, commercializing new solutions, bridging product gaps, automating partner operations, and taking new initiatives from conception to successful deployment. You will also work as a Sales Engineer to lead the technical relationship in pre-sales agreements with new content partners.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
* Identify, drive and optimize the business flow from existing and new business opportunities by leveraging YouTube technologies.
* Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
* Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management and Engineering.
* Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.