5 months ago
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
This year Jeff Bezos opened his shareholder letter with:
"Something strange and remarkable has happened over the last 20 years. Take a look at these numbers:
1999 3% 2000 3% 2001 6% 2002 17% 2003 22% 2004 25% 2005 28% 2006 28% 2007 29% 2008 30% 2009 31% 2010 34% 2011 38% 2012 42% 2013 46% 2014 49% 2015 51% 2016 54% 2017 56% 2018 58%
The percentages represent the share of physical gross merchandise sales sold on Amazon by independent third-party sellers – mostly small- and medium-sized businesses – as opposed to Amazon retail’s own first party sales. Third-party sales have grown from 3% of the total to 58%. To put it bluntly:
Third-party sellers are kicking our first party butt. Badly."
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Marketplace. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, it has been the aim to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How is this achieved? By having people like you who make sure that customers find everything that they are looking for online – at great prices and convenience. Both Amazon and sellers who list their products on the site already offer millions of new and used items in a wide range of categories - and this is just the beginning. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you.
Amazon.co.uk’s Seller Marketplace is a large and fast growing business where millions of UK customers transact with hundreds of thousands of sellers, who range from individuals to large retailers. Amazon is seeking a bright and ambitious individual to build their career with our UK Merchant Services team. The UK Merchant Services team works with sellers to help them grow their business on the Amazon marketplace, delivering the best possible customer experience for Amazon.co.uk customers.
You will join us as a Partner Manager in our UK New Seller Recruitment business, focused on the launch and growth of our largest and highest potential new sellers in the Consumables product family. You will directly identify, pitch and onboard these new sellers onto the Marketplace, including Strategic Sellers and leading holdout retailers, project manage the launch and then act as a business adviser to these sellers to help them expand their business on Amazon. You will also be directly involving in shaping the strategy of the UK NSR team and act as a role model to other team members.To do this you will have to:
· Interact directly with key decision makers (up to C-suite level) at new high-potential Sellers including leading retailer and brand owners
· Work directly with senior sales people at Amazon on complex onboardings which may have 6month+ sales cycles
· Have the passion and drive to consistently exceed quarterly sales targets
· Use your knowledge and experience to help set the future strategy of the UK NSR business
· Work collaboratively to train and upskill new members of the UK NSR team
· Identify and support the implementation of specific business development opportunities for sellers across your portfolio to enable their continued growth
· Champion Seller and team needs at Amazon working closely with Amazon teams in the UK and across EU, including other NSR teams, category teams, product teams and technical support teams
· Report on key performance indicators for your portfolio of Sellers, undertaking deep-dive analysis into root causes of performance
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in account management, sales, management consulting, or roles with similarly broad scope
· Minimum Bachelor degree level qualification, or equivalent,
· Fluency in English required; further EU languages preferable
· Strong business acumen, as well as communication and negotiation skills
· Proven quantitative analytical capability and project management skills in addition to being customer focused, extremely detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize and multi-task
· Successful candidates will be results driven and want to test and continuously grow their sales skills in complex, challenging environments
· Successful candidates will also have proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate
· Familiarity with Excel and knowledge of databases or CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce Astro)
· Experience building relationships and driving growth with large retailers and ecommerce businesses
· Experience in B2B sales, account management or management consulting
· Experience in e-commerce or retail is advantageous but not essential
· Experience with databases, SQL and CRM tools such as Salesforce Astro is advantageous but not essential
· Experience from, and network in, UK retail would be considered valuable
Amazon offers a competitive salary, stock units and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.