2 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in one or more of the following: architecture, development and management of containerized application, multi-cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments and/or mobile and web application development platforms; experience serving in the capacity of a Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or experience in a customer facing role (ie member of a professional services or systems Engineering team).
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
* Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
* Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks (i.e. Spring Cloud, Istio), container orchestration systems (i.e. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Docker), networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers and firewalls.
* Experience with the methodologies and tools to support application development stages including CI/CD (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Concourse).
* Experience with cloud computing (public/private clouds, compute/storage/networking, Software/Platform/Infrastructure-as-a-Service) and continuous integration/continuous deployment concepts.
* Demonstrated record of working in a similar position (e.g. Technical Sales Engineer, Partner Engineer, etc) in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role (including working as a member of a Professional Services, Solutions Architect or Systems Engineering team).
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
Google Cloud is building the next compute platform with a global reach and massive compute power for a new generation of enterprise computing. As a member of the Google Cloud Partner Engineering team, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary integration projects using your engineering expertise. You will engage with a wide range of software and infrastructure technology providers to build solutions on our platform.
Enable the next wave of cloud adoption by building the bridge for existing technologies that power the businesses of today. Google Cloud Platform is revolutionizing cloud computing. You will tap your technology expertise to build scalable solutions that enable partners and customers to utilize Google technology. You will be the technology advocate for our partners with product and engineering teams inside Google accelerating integration projects.
Google's technology partners, like our users, span the globe and require Technical Solutions Consultants to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges. As a Technical Solutions Consultant at Google, you are responsible for working closely with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) to architect and integrate solutions comprising of their products and services on Google Cloud Platform. You will liaise between ISV partners and our internal engineering teams to implement best practices and ensure maintenance of these solutions which comprise of popular open source and commercial products.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
* Work with partner managers to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key partner technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
* Provide application development and deployment expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s partners, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting partner adoption to Google Cloud.
* Work with partners to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
* Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
* Travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events.