about 1 year ago
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon Web Services as the technology platform of the future? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for pioneering candidates to help develop and manage our partnerships with the leading systems integrators, independent software vendors, interactive agencies and management consulting firms working within the German markets.
As a Partner Manager within the AWS Public Sector team, you will have the exciting opportunity to help execute on our strategy to build mind share and assist adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon SQS, etc.) across AWS’s most strategic business partners and their customers.
Your responsibilities will include driving executive and field relationships with leading partners practically impacting Public Sector AWS adoption. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will help to drive overall end customer adoption with the Public Sector segments. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a customer facing background that enables them to easily interact with public sector customers and AWS team members. He/she should also have a demonstrable ability to think big about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to convey compelling value propositions which help deliver partner results.
· The right person will possess significant Partner management or business development experience in the UKI in the software/technology industry.
· Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Strong program management skills with a focus on delivering scalable programs supporting hundreds of customers/partners.
· Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Fluent in English
· Degree educated or equivalent
· Experience with the German public sector capture & contracts process.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.