7 months ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
This role sits within the Digital and Strategy (D&S) Directorate and more specifically the New Product Development team. This is a busy team of c50 people which has two main objectives:
* Drive an ambitious approach to new product/business development, generating meaningful and sustainable growth for TUK outside the core business
* Maintain existing products appropriating to ensure the commercial plan for D&S is delivered
How will you fit into this?
As PA you will provide full, confidential and proactive personal assistance to the New Product Development Director to enable them to maximise the effectiveness of their time, and to ensure the smooth running of the department. You will liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, providing elements of a Business Manager to ensure the overall team is running effectively.
* Manage the Director’s calendar and time in a proactive and efficient way
* Act as a first point of contact internally and externally for the Director, filtering and directing communications/ inquiries as appropriate, including managing and triaging emails, and exercising judgement in circulating information within the team
* Coordinate elements such as Monthly Performance Review inputs from the team
* Coordinate documents for meetings, ensuring the Director is fully briefed as needed
* Own, plan and execute the team communication activities such as events, town halls etc.
* Create agendas, assisting in meetings with agendas and minute taking as required
* Manage administration of purchase requisitions and purchase orders using the e-requisitioning system, ensuring that invoices are processed for payment in a timely manner
* Manage expense approvals and other approvals (e.g. employee onboarding/off-boarding, compensation changes) on behalf of the Director
* Support equipment orders for the team, ensuring that forms are authorized, processed and tracked in a timely manner
* Continually assess and review own process and ways of working
* Work effectively with the CDSO’s Business Manager to ensure seamless support
* Work with the other departmental PA’s to ensure continuity of cover for all senior management during times when there are gaps in PA cover
Skills & experience:
* Experience supporting a senior executive on a 1:1 basis, and interacting with Executive Committee/Board members in a large corporate environment
* Highly competent in MS Word/PowerPoint/Excel/Outlook/Inter/Intranet and other collaboration tools to required standard of speed, accuracy and layout – formatting and preparing letters, memos, tables, presentation slides, general word processing and audio
* Willingness to embrace new digital technologies
* Very strong interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally
* Great team player, willing to provide cover and support to other managers to cover holiday periods and busy times
* Ability to produce brief reports and presentations for senior management meetings
* Ability to take end-to-end ownership of administrative processes and continually improve them
* Able to work accurately and at pace, flexible in approach, comfortable working to tight deadlines and have the capacity to work with potentially changing priorities
* Proactive, with an optimistic, positive and “can do” attitude – willingness to help with varied requests, and the ability to pre-empt requirements of the Director and team
* Able to work closely with stakeholders at board/senior management levels and develop trusting and influencing relationships with peers
* Fully trusted and understanding of the necessity for complete confidentiality and discretion, with particular emphasis on customer, commercial and people sensitive (e.g. salary, bonus etc) information.
* Flexibility to work outside standard hours and away from usual office base when required
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.