5 months ago
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, and we’re all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Location: Slough (flex to work from home 2 days a week & flexible hours offered as long as core hours covered)
What do the team do?
The Enterprise team is responsible for delivering stand-alone products or services up to fully managed services. This includes Networking WAN, LAN, and Wi-Fi, Security: Perimeter Security, Telephony Services, Platforms and ensuring a coherent OSS plan for all of the Enterprise departments.
How will you fit into this?
Reporting to the Senior Service Delivery Manager, you will lead a team of approximately 9 that will be responsible for delivering a clear and innovative Operational Support System strategy that creates value. Furthermore the role will define the requirement for OSS within Enterprise and working with the rest of the business and other stakeholders to deliver these. In addition they will own the management of a number of key tools within Enterprise.
Using a number of different tools (CA Spectrum, CA Performance Manager, CA UIM, Zabbix, Prognosis etc.) to monitor all aspects of the managed service infrastructure (Networking, Security, Platform and Telephony).
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Monitor every aspect of the customer experience
* Design, implement and operate the OSS platform focusing on the following 6 key areas:
* End to End Fault Management
* End to End Performance Monitoring
* Custmer Self Service Portal
* Own the functional workload through effective team management
* Lead service improvement initiatives and proactively increase team productivity
* Drive problem management within the OSS team, identifying root cause for major incidents
* Provide an interface for the Service Delivery Managers for all matter relating to OSS topics
What we need from you:
* Experience of implementing OSS solutions for large challenging customers in complex technology and service environments
* Experience in monitoring all aspect of a managed service: Networking, Telephony, Security and Platform
* Be Familiar with NOC systems and Service Desk platforms, knowledge of CA (HP, SMART, Service Now and Remedy an advantage)
* Ability to communicate at all levels, both organisationally, and also between technical, non-technical teams, and business functions
* A Strong understanding of the services delivered by Service Desks, NOCs and Field Support operations
Salary and benefits:
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions about the role then please who will be happy to help.