3 months ago
Who Are We?
giffgaff is a little different to your ‘normal’ telecoms company. It’s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its customers - our members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It’s important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. We’re a spirited and disruptive bunch at giffgaff, not every now and then, but everyday, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff, must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
The Business Intelligence and Optimisation team are responsible for delivering data and insights to the business. Optimisation, in particular, support product teams to create hypotheses for development and help build A/B tests.
This role is pivotal to managing giffgaff’s experimentation strategy. Using A/B testing and personalisation, the Optimisation Manager will assist product teams in finding ways to make giffgaff’s website, app and packaging convert new members as efficiently as possible, as well as help teams take calculated risks.
* Ensure web tracking is accurate and trustworthy.
* Analyse A/B testing results through Google Analytics and SessionCam. Co-ordinate with Business Intelligence and Finance for complete end-to-end analysis of large projects.
* Collate, gather and present data to senior members of staff and leadership.
* Manage and lead a team of Optimisation Experts. Help them develop into a team of highly skilled and confident professionals
Key Skills & Experience
* Be experienced in the field of Conversion Rate Optimisation and A/B testing or website analytics. At least 1 year of experience minimum, 2+ years preferable.
* Have a good working knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
* An eye for good design and a passion for good user experience. Understand what makes a good website or app.
* Be able to identify experience pain points and use data to formulate hypotheses to address these.
* Strong analytical skills combined with balanced judgement. Capable of cutting through the numbers to deliver concise recommendations and insight.
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Strong influencing skills a must.
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies, highly regarded for its community model. In return for your outstanding efforts, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future.