3 months ago
Operational Accountant Interim
Worksop - Temporary - Full Time - 39
Here at wilko our Finance team are looking for an Operational Accountant to join them on a 12 month FTC, based at our Head office in Worksop.
At wilko we exist to free up hard working families to be the best they can be, and we’ve recently launched a bold and ambitious new business strategy to see us face into and thrive within the challenging and continually changing retail industry. As a family-run business we have a unique culture and a refreshingly different way of working.
As an Operational Accountant here at wilko you'll be joining the Finance team at a fantastic time, our new CFO Alex Russo has joined us bringing a wealth of experience and a great vision for the future. You'll be responsible for the timely and accurate production of company financial reports (including, but not limited to, Management Accounts, Balance Sheet, Statutory Accounts, corporation tax returns and VAT returns), ensuring the accuracy and integrity of these through review and improvement of financial and operational controls.
Here are just some of the things you’ll be involved in
* Responsible for production of management accounts, statutory accounts including co-ordination of year end audit, balance sheet reconciliation and tax returns.
* Responsible for accuracy and integrity of financial data and ensuring robust financial controls are in place and operating effectively.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with accepted accounting practice.
* Ensure that rigorous controls and processes are in place to safeguard business assets and maintain the integrity of financial data and reporting, and that these are adhered to.
* Ensure compliance with accepted accounting practice, maintaining a thorough understanding of any changes in Financial Reporting Standards and the implications of these for the business, providing recommendations.
* Ensure controls are in place to comply with HMRC regulations, deadlines and submissions including SAO declaration.
* Review trends and challenge current performance, identifying risks and opportunities within the finance department and the wider business.
* Provide a support service to other Finance areas and with the wider business through the appraisal and analysis of financial performance and the implementation of best practice.
* Ensure delivery of key Financial measures including the year end audit, statutory accounts and changes in accounting standards.
* Develop a strong relationship with external auditors to provide assurance over approach and methodology with regard to year end processes.
What we need from you
We need someone who has a minimum 2 years post qualified ACA with practice/audit background and strong technical knowledge. We need this along with:
* Experience in a commercial environment and managing a small team.
* Experience of cross functional working.
* Ability to make recommendations, prioritise and good attention to detail.
* Experience in operating in a commercial environment.
At wilko our team members are at the heart of everything we do, and we want to reward them for their hard work, not only through our competitive salaries but also through the benefits that we offer. With this role you’ll get:
33 days holiday entitlement (inc Bank Holidays) pro rata
Team member and family discount of 20% in store and online
Wilko family holiday homes
Wilko WOW flexible benefits – such as great discounts on shopping, days out, holidays, health and fitness and money-saving schemes to cut the costs of childcare