7 months ago
Our mission remains unchanged: to service the needs and aspirations of our customers and help create new stories, to take pleasure in making marked moments of delight. Whoever our customers are and wherever they come from, they can expect to be treated with grace, courtesy and care.
With a strong commercial awareness and proven ability to analyse figures and data, you will take responsibility for product, merchandising and trading operations on Harrods.com. You will be passionate about ecommerce and the luxury market, using your knowledge of the industry to develop, enhance and maintain Harrods.com as the ultimate destination for luxury food, home and gifting.
Hardworking and organised with a keen eye for detail, you will have knowledge of brand positioning and seasonal product trends. You will be meticulous in your approach and always have the highest of standards in mind. You will have worked with stock management systems, business performance reporting and ecommerce merchandising tools and have proven success leading a small team.
What to Expect
* Deliver an optimised mix relative to our core target customer segments and the business’ outline trading strategy and objectives. Ensure that a credible offer is presented for each brand relative to customer opportunity and the competitive environment.
* Introduce new brands to the site, maintaining existing relationships, working on online range development, liaising on brand share and campaign activity, sourcing content & collateral, negotiating exclusives, launches etc.
* Building close working relationships with the store buying team to understand wider trading strategy, ensure early buy visibility, to optimise the online edit, benefit from existing brand relations, and improve studio production through delivery schedule info sharing.
* Ensure all items are efficiently processed through studio production in-line with seasonal option budgeting, influence styling of product within studio process, optimise cross-selling opportunity, review product performance relative to item conversion, productivity and ROI.
* Weekly and monthly reporting on sales and margin performance, reviewing successes, weaknesses and issues to deliver clear trading actions and objectives. Utilise forward forecasting tools to continually assess actual performance against plan and project anticipated trade relative to season-to-date patterns
* Execution of all merchandising techniques to drive trade, including performance-based retail merchandising, visual merchandising, link/cross-sell merchandising and behavioural merchandising, optimisation and maintenance of selling and promotional messaging across the site, creation and updating of site features such as inspiration, trends and boutiques.
* Optimisation of the customer journey and user experience, challenging and testing navigation, display and browsing functionality to maximise product visibility and sales performance, liaising with customer service to ensure all feedback is utilised.
* Managing your team, working with other trading managers on cross-divisional or pan-site projects and ensuring clear communication with the Head of Online of all key operational and strategic activities. Ensure that a “trading” culture exists within the teams, focused on production productivity, range optimisation and merchandising performance.
What is important?
We are passionate about making Harrods.com an online shopping desitation and are in process of partnering with FarFetch to make this a reality. It's a really exciting time for us and we are looking for a strong, commercial and analytical Trading Manager to join the team to support in this huge project. Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, the shop floor team and the store buying team, updating them on trade, OOS, brand launches and general Harrods.com activity. You will be forward thinking and excited about trialing new ideas e.g. AB Testing, AI and Automated/ Personalised Merchandising tools to make sure Harrods.com is always a step above the competition.
Our Promise to You
At Harrods we believe nothing is impossible. We drive ourselves and inspire others to always push for more. This passion to exceed is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where standing out means being yourself.