3 months ago
Duties & Responsibilities :
--- About the Estate ---
The Leckford Estate was purchased by John Spedan Lewis, the founder of the John Lewis Partnership, in 1929. The estate is 1,600 hectares in size and is split down the middle, north to south, by the River Test, famous as the home of fly-fishing.
The estate is organised around four business units, supported by the estate office team:
- Farming - with arable, dairy, beef, orchard and vineyard enterprises
- Food Processing - encompassing a Mushroom Farm, Processing Dairy and an Oilseed Processing Unit
- Retail, Leisure and Events - including a Farm Shop, Café, Nursery, Fishing and Golf
As Nursery Section Manager you'll drive sales, customer service and profit and promote the nursery and the wider horticulture business to showcase what is on offer as well as leading the team of Nursery Partners.
Job Requirements :
- Day-to-day responsibility for line management of the Nursery Partners, and to be responsible for the nursery in the manager's absence.
- Support the operation of the Landscape Department.
- Undertake Duty Manager role for the Farm Shop, Café and Nursery as required with other members of the Management Team, and to deputise for the Manager at communication meetings at any/all levels if required
- Nursery operations, Retail and Growing: Goods Inwards, merchandising and display of all stock, Customer deliveries, Maintaining nursery plantings.
Day to day line management and personal development of Nursery Partners (inc self-development).
- Role model Partnership Values and instil in all Partners democratic values and processes
- Stock Management and control, inc Wastage.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications :
- Diploma, HNC in Horticulture or equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Retail Horticultural Experience at a Supervisory level in a plant-based role
- Practical management experience of Landscaping Business/operations
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications :
- Certificate in Horticulture or RHS approved qualifications
- Retail Horticultural experience
Please consider the following when making your application:
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
- Print off the job description now if you require it
- Ensure you have an up-to-date CV
Internal use only: