5 months ago
£25 - £28k
New Business Development Manager
New Business Development Manager
Based in Bristol
Salary: £25k-£28k DOE
QA Apprenticeships are the UK’s leading IT Apprenticeship Company. We work with our partners to develop existing staff members and to bring them talented individuals to improve their IT and Business Skills departments. QA Apprenticeships are an award winning lead provider in a wide range of IT apprenticeship programmes.
Working within the Bristol QA Apprenticeship Team as a New Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for forging B2B relationships with a variety of businesses and employers to grow your own client portfolio. This role would suit a sales professional or potentially a recruitment consultant looking to expand and develop their sales skills outside of the agency world and into a corporate, or someone with a background in B2B sales. You will be given a CRM database of warm and hot leads to call, whilst also doing new business of your own to generate new business from scratch. You will have a team of resourcers to assist you find the best candidates for your clients.
* Development your business area, gaining new contacts and building relationships.
* Accountable for generating leads
* Aim to achieve monthly targets through monitoring your own KPI’s
* Ability to build local networks through participation in professional networking and maintain knowledge of local labour market.
* Responsible for continuous Business Development activities through structured telephone sales and client meetings/presentations
* Compliance with internal policies in regards to the learner and employer engagement, Apprenticeship delivery and the Health, Safety and Welfare of learners
* Work with internal and external partners to maximise placement opportunities
* Support the achievement of the Apprenticeship budget by meeting targets for learner engagement
* Record all employer details on to a CRM
* Provide reporting figures on all recruitment targets and sales pipeline
Skills & Experience Required
* A well-defined and proven approach to recruitment / sales
* Able to present to employers and build long lasting relationships with clients at all levels
* Ability to work towards and build a sales pipeline
* Strong network of recruitment, employer and placement agencies/partners
* Persistent, tenacious and collaborative
* Good communication both written and spoken
* In return, we are offering a competitive package with an uncapped commission structure
Financial package and benefits
* We understand that as an experienced sales professional you are not easy to prise away from the success you have built, therefore we are offering a basic salary between £25,000-28,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + OTE of £10,000-12,000, Private Pension as well as 25 days holiday, 2 days paid Charity work each year for a charity of your choice (which we actively encourage), 3 days of additional training which does not need to be relevant to your role from our very own course selection (1,200 to be precise), subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme.
If this role sounds like the right move for you, get in touch now!
How to apply
When you’ve found the role you want, click the ‘Apply’ button to open the application form. We’ll ask you to upload your CV, and to enter some personal information and provide additional supporting information depending on the role. Remember, this is your time to shine, so please ensure that anything you would like us to be aware of is included in your application. Once you’ve applied, you will be sent a password to your own private account area where you’re able to keep track of the current status of your application(s), as well as read all of the previous email communications, and action requests that have been sent to you.
Once we’ve reviewed your application, a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in contact with an update on your application. If your application is being progressed, a telephone interview will be scheduled with the Talent Acquisition team to discuss the opportunity, your skills and experience – this is also a great time for you to ask any questions that are important to you. The next stage of the process will then vary depending on the role, division or level you’re applying for, however this may involve 2-3 stages, including technical, HR or competency questions, or might ask you to complete an online work-style assessment as part of your application. Our Talent Acquisition team will explain exactly what the interview and assessment process will be.
If you’re successful and an offer is made to you, we will make the verbal offer and work with you to agree a provisional start date. Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will keep in touch with you, and answer any questions you have. They’ll also support you with any steps involved to confirm your offer. The formal offer paperwork will be sent to you by our People Team, along with any requests for any additional information required.
We take professional and/or educational reference checks on all of our employees so you will be asked to provide this information when returning your contract. For these checks, we do allow people to start with us whilst the checks are in process, however please do note that employment with QA is based on satisfactory references.
For some roles within the business, we also carry out additional checks such as DBS or DV Clearance, depending on the role or division you will be working in (it will be made clear at the beginning of the recruitment process if additional checks will be part of the offer for the role you’re applying for) – for some of these additional checks, it is important that these are completed prior to you joining QA.
Welcome to QA! Prior to joining you should have all the information you need to get started on day one and are likely to have a 'Buddy' assigned to you who will help and guide you during your first few weeks here. Your line manager will develop a personal induction plan for you, as well as ensuring that you also go through the company induction so you have a full understanding not just of your role but also of QA as a whole.