New Business Development Manager
With more than 36 years’ experience in the food service sector, our client is a leading multi-temperature food distribution company that supplies the public sector, national account customers and independent caterers.
The business has a diverse range of nationwide customers that include public houses, restaurant chains, the leisure industry, schools and professional caterers amongst many.
In 2010 they underwent a huge expansion programme following the launch of a second depot. The 80,000 sq ft site in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, was a clear statement of intent for the division to grow and expand its customer base across the north of the UK.
Position: Business Recruitment Manager
Location: Premier Way, Leeds Yorkshire, LS26 8ZA
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role.
Closing: April 20, 2018
About the role:
The New Business Development Manager will canvass new business ensuring that this meets pre-determined criteria (profitable / aspirational long term relationship / credit worthy), and work closely with colleagues in ensuring seamless transition of accounts.
- Introduce new & profitable business, evaluating the viability and contribution to the company
- Managing a customer database in conjunction with business intel and making data based targeting recommendations
- Building a group of key industry contacts within the territory
- Ensuring that all new customers meet commercial targets
- Generate a quarterly business plan
- Achieve recruitment targets as set by the Sales Director
- Protect and enhance sales margins
- Could be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- Full Driving Licence
- Basic knowledge of telesales, depot and transport processes
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Key Account Manager, National Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Senior National Account Manager, New Business Development Manager, B2B, Sales Manager, Field Sales, Cold Calling, Account Management, Business Recruitment Manger etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.