4 months ago
National Sales Negotiator - Part Time
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Position Type: Permanent, Contract Type: Part Time
Hours of work: 30 Hours P/W
National Sales Negotiator
Travis Perkins - General Merchanting
£Competitive Salary + Incentives + Benefits
Role Based: Northampton
Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders on all levels? Do you have proven building materials sales and negotiation experience? Do you take pride in your abilities at building your customer relationships?
If you, like us, keep the customer at the heart of everything that you do then we have the perfect role for you!
We, at Travis Perkins, have a brilliant opportunity for an National Sales Negotiator to join our collaborative and thriving Sales Office team based in our Head Office within Northampton. In this role you will coordinate inbound calls and orders for customers, offering a single point contact for pricing and ordering for our large National Branches. Linking with our range centre and Key Account Managers, you will partner with them to contribute to our sales growth through proactive customer engagement.
- Provide a high quality telephone customer service, answering all calls in a polite, positive and courteous manner.
- To develop sales skills you will be able to question, probe, prepare basic objectives, plan for objections and create solutions.
- Process daily sales activity on our internal systems, ensuring procedures used are in accordance with company administrative guidelines.
- Take ownership for quotes making proactive outbound calls ensuring we maintain and follow up all quotations, highlighting and recording successes and detailing reasons for failures.
- Ensure all customer / supplier queries are actioned and resolved within the specified time given.
We are after someone who’s enthusiastic, resilient and resourceful, with a sharp eye for identifying new sales opportunities and a passion for excellence. Being well-organised and planned goes without saying, as you will be responsible for meeting our valued customer expectations.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Proven ability of working within a sales negotiator type role.
- Great customer services skills
- Good product knowledge within the building materials/merchant industry
- Build strong relationships with multiple customer and internal stakeholders
- Proven experience in identifying new sale opportunities and creating solutions for customers
But what can we offer you?
Recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers: offering you the opportunity to fulfil your potential in a forward thinking company that still believes in upholding family values - and putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of our growing business ensuring we are making decent returns. Despite our size, we’ve got the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition.
Joining Travis Perkins as our new National Sales Negotiator means joining a reputable and expanding business offering great company benefits such as discounts across our Group and the support of an employer who values your development as much as you