about 1 month ago
National Sales Manager - South (109971)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Berkshire-Reading, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Kent-Tonbridge, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Oxfordshire-Oxford
Salary : competitive
: Mar 13, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
National Sales Manager
Location - London/ South England
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Openreach is Britain’s digital network business. We’re a wholly owned and independently governed subsidiary of the BT Group. We’re over 30,000 people who connect homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses - large and small - to the world.
Our mission is to build the best possible network, with the highest quality service, making sure that everyone in Britain can be connected. We work on behalf of more than 590 communications providers like SKY, TalkTalk, Vodafone, and BT, and our fibre broadband network is the biggest in the UK, passing more 27.4 million premises. We’re also the platform for Britain’s thriving digital economy, which is the largest in the G20. We have an ambitious plan to deliver the better service, broader coverage and faster speeds that our customers are demanding of us. We continue to make superfast broadband speeds available to thousands of homes and businesses every week and we’re now embarking on the next big infrastructure build of our generation. We’ll be building ultrafast Fibre to the Premises technology to three million premises by the end of 2020, and we have an ambition to reach 10 million by the mid-2020’s under the right conditions.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for delivering a challenging, but achievable revenue and ebit targets as well as volumes of communities reach and THP (Total Homes Passes), by directly managing a team of customer field managers (CFMs) and driving the marketing strategy across your patch. You will formulate strategies to identify the key opportunities across your region and ensure that you and your team are building strategic relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders to position CNS infrastructure solutions and win new business. The deals will require creativity, understanding of business and community issues, good commercial understanding and the ability to deliver compelling presentations to key stakeholders. Whilst you will drive the capabilities of your team to ensure they can identify and close these opportunities, you will be expected to lead from the front and be engaged with the larger, more strategic deals. You will manage your team proactively in a high challenge, high support environment and will be expected to drive performance via various process such as performance management where appropriate.
The work we do within our communities is very high profile and may come under political or media focus. You will ensure your people are supported and will take a hands on approach and be visible in these communities. You will develop relationship with community and political leaders across your region, including MPs, local and national politicians and counsellors.
You will drive strategies to maximise the take up of various funding sources across the region. These include government funded programmes such as LFFN, better broadband schemes etc.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Sales leadership - you will have an excellent sales record with many years’ experience of B2B sales / leading a B2B sales team. You will have a record of consistently hitting your revenue and ebit targets and a number of reference clients where you have closed high value deals.
• Leadership & Management – you will have a number of years’ experience in managing high performing teams. You will be a great coach and lead from the front.
• You will be expected to provide accurate sales, revenue and ebit forecasts and be responsible for driving your revenue pipeline via excellent opportunity management, landscaping, prospecting and closed sales.
• You will be able to demonstrate success in the negotiation and running of deals in-life and how these have been delivered within their forecasted P&L and in line with best industry practice. You will ensure you and your team are able to explain any variances to budget and propose strategies to get them back to forecast.
• Network / Engineering – you will have a good understanding of Copper and Fibre networks (Including Ethernet, FTTP, Single Fibre Network) and will keep abreast of new and emerging technologies to ensure you are able to leverage the full range of Openreach network capability. You will understand how the Openreach network is planned and delivered. You will also form relationships with a range of third parties and partners and keep abreast of emerging technologies and market trends that might help to drive sales and revenues.
• Technical – you will have a good understanding of FTTP, network in advance (NIA), resilience options, wifi plan and build, passive optical networks (PON), data cabling and other technology and solutions that may become part of the CNS portfolio. You will have an excellent knowledge of a range of partner solutions and technologies that can be leveraged to build highly bespoke, transformational solutions.
• You will require a full driving licence and will be expected to spend the majority of your time engaged in customer facing activity.