about 1 month ago
National Sales Manager - Partitioning
UK Wide, Field-based role.
SIG Plc is currently looking to recruit a National Sales Manager for our Partitioning division (Ocula), who will have responsibility for the performance and development of a team of 10 and ensuring delivery of the division’s growth targets.
What does the role involve?
Reporting into Director of Business Development, SIGD, this newly created role will directly manage the x8 Regional Partitioning Managers (“RPMs”) and x2 Business Development Managers (“BDMs”) across the SIGD partitioning sales network nationally. Working closely with the Regional Sales Managers (Internal) and their respective Sales Office Manager teams in respect of Partitioning sales and end to end (E2E) development within general Interiors branches, this role will be the internal and external champion the Ocula brand. This role will also partner closely with the Central Pricing Team on E2E management and enhancement, and work with/influence colleagues in Category, Commercial, Technical, Operations, Central Inventory (as relevant) and Shared Services to ensure all teams are adequately supported. Along with the Director of Business Development, you’ll devise and implement the overall sales and E2E strategy for Partitioning across SIGD including an analysis of competitor activity, deliver sales and E2E growth in line with budgeted targets, support E2E management and deliver pricing initiatives and also lead, challenge and support the RPMs and BDMs including engagement with key customers. Over and above these core activities, you’ll also create a productive, positive working environment across the Partitioning business area, attract, retain, develop, coach and support sales team members and build a future succession plan. Leading a culture in which the focus is on outstanding customer service, you and your team will pre-empt customer and supplier issues and move swiftly to resolve difficulties.
To be considered for this position, you must have the following skills and experience:
• Significant experience in a sales management role within Partitioning – this is ESSENTIAL
• Educated to degree level or have equivalent relevant experience
• Proven track record in delivering strong financial results and KPI targets
• Track record in implementing sales strategies and delivering both sales growth AND profitability
• Ability to analyse customer / market needs and demands and to refine sales strategy accordingly
• Strong decision-making ability
• Can ‘read’ the business and its key players and influence the direction and pace of change
• Strong business, commercial and financial acumen - supported by a pragmatic approach and not afraid to get in to the detail when required
• Demonstrable planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Confident in a high pressure environment with a high level of personal and professional credibility
• Build and maintain relationships at all levels within the business
SIG is a leading supplier of specialist construction materials, distributing throughout the UK and Europe. From ground works to the roof and everything in between, we deliver the full range of specialist materials to the construction industry. A group turnover of circa £2.8 billion and with numerous branches here in the UK alone, we’re also a fantastic place to build your career. Our customers are at the very heart of what we do and how we do things. To achieve this we employ exceptional people who are able to demonstrate our core values of trust, integrity, teamwork, people who are committed to doing a really good job. We also like to have fun!
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close