National Sales Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales & Business Development
Location: Central London
We have been creating exceptional guided holidays for over 70 years. With more than 230 trips to worldwide destinations, including Europe, North & Central, South America, Asia and Australia & New Zealand, we continue to offer new ways to travel every year.
With prices that won't break the bank, we offer incredible holiday experiences and inclusions at unbeatable prices. We carefully-craft each trip to cover the essential sights and include a choice of Optional Experiences - excite your senses on an adventure packed full of fun..
The role at a glance
We are looking for an experienced National Sales Manager (NSM) to lead our multi branded trade sales team and grow the trade sales in the UK. Your responsibilities will include supervising and coaching the sales team, building long-term client relationships and ensuring that the sales strategy is delivered consistently on the ground. You will be accountable for the annual trade revenue targets.
As a National Sales Manager, you should use your existing knowledge of the diverse UK travel trade to provide innovative ideas for business growth. Communication and team management skills are essential skills for this position.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual, with a passion for delivering positive change, excellent customer service and will go the extra mile to achieve this.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies, in conjunction with the Sales and Business Development Director.
- Lead and coach nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets.
- Champion the Consultative Sales Process (CSP) in our region and ensure that the sales team structuring their sales calls effectively in line with our guests' business needs.
- Ensure the team are planning their sales cycle, sales calls, agreeing actions and following up.
- Ensure that all sales activity is logged in salesforce and performance reporting is run off the back of this.
- Establish and develop productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned national accounts/ consortia. Ensure that the team understand the strategy for each account and deliver consistently in line with objectives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Call Centre based in Guernsey on reviewing figures and building a strong relationship to drive excellent mutual results.
- Review and implement new sales processes and analysis to ensure data driven decision making.
- Work closely with the regional marketing team to ensure that regional marketing is relevant and utilised effectively and that budget is allocated based on clear business decisions.
- Ensure the sales team are abreast of all global and regional marketing initiatives in time to deliver to their agencies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for annual budgeting process, in conjunction with the Sales and Business Development Director, to apportion marketing resources appropriately to drive business results. Responsible for monthly budgeting review.
- Negotiate and close agreements within a commercial framework and implement integrated sales, marketing and training programmes in order that they deliver.
- Review performance metrics and implement new metrics as required. Monitor and analyse moving forward.
- Responsible for delivering team sales annual incentive programme and driving wider company incentives and initiatives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales reporting and forecasts for internal and external audiences.
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities.
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with guests' needs.
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board.
- Proven track record as a National sales manager within the Travel Trade, preferably within the UK
- Previous proven experience in a Senior Sales position
- Experience of the Escorted Touring Sector
- Experience managing a high-performance sales team
- Experience of defining and delivering trade sales strategy
- Experience of constructing contracts and RFPs
- Excellent negotiation skill
- Excellent knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly numerate with demonstrable analysis skills in order to understand and analyse sales performance metrics and drive data driven decision making throughout the team.
- Customer Service Focus
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Availability to travel as needed for sales conferences, meetings and other. This role would be expected to spend 3 days on the road with the team, 2 days working on business improvement with the Sales and Business Development Director.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you please apply below!