3 months ago
National Sales Manager
Job Number: 17452
Location: Acton Support Centre (LHO001)
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
National Sales Manager - Field based
As National Sales Manager you'll be responsible for driving the operational excellence of our Business Centres that sit within multiple retail locations across the UK. You’ll be leading a team of high performing Managers, to define and drive a culture of exceptional service for current and future customers, this activity will be key in establishing Dixons Carphone Business as the number one business to business provider of IT electricals and mobile solutions. With a clear focus on small to medium businesses, you will support your team in order to build and maintain effective relationships with local businesses.
Working alongside the Head of Business to Business Direct, you’ll be pivotal in the delivery of commercial B2B initiatives as well driving effective implementation programs to support the exciting expansion plans that we have for the future.
• Deliver & maintain the P&L performance across the Business Centres including sales, margin, KPI, EBIT, debt and cost control
• Create and lead a high performing team of Managers through an effective performance management process; developing a talent pipeline to support our planned expansion
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with third party partners to ensure the effective delivery of new propositions
• Continuously improve and optimise profit of the Business Centres
• Support with implementation programs including the roll out of future Business centres across the UK to c50 locations
• Create and maintain excellent relationships with our retail teams; ensuring they are engaged, supportive and understand the B2B opportunities
• Work cross functionally with areas including commercial, marketing, B2B operations, development, credit control and customer services
• Input proactively to the overall B2B strategic plan
• Proven leadership behaviours, including the ability to make objective judgements and engage a remote team to exceed customer and performance expectations
• To be able to deliver a consistent operating model and customer experience across multiple locations
• Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively to develop effective cross functional relationships
• High levels of organisation and ability to engage in both strategic and tactical thinking dependent on the situation demands
• Excellent communication skills, able to engage key stakeholders and sponsors to gain commitment
• Effective coaching and mentoring skills
• Resilience and ability to focus when faced with competing priorities
• Ability to cope with extensive travel and time away from home to deliver the business needs.
Although not essential an outstanding candidate will have:
• In depth understanding of the B2B market and small business customer needs
• Experience within a large scale retail organisation
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.