8 months ago
Municipal Sales Manager - (Salary: Competitive )
Reporting to: UK Municipal Sales Manager
Direct reports: None
Main purpose of the role:
We are looking to recruit a Municipal Sales Manager for our Shropshire and Lancashire area who will develop new, and manage existing customer relationships, with a view to securing unit sales within the assigned geographical area.
With a successful track record of sales, ideally solutions driven and with the ability to sell value over cost, you must be self-motivated, efficient and professional in your approach.
The role requires an effective communicator, technically competent, with an understanding of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, together with an ability to engage customers at a variety of levels
Nature and scope (including impact of decision-making):
• Day-to-day responsibility for all sectors mentioned above within your designated region
• The role may require extensive UK travel or regular nights away from home.
• Operates within agreed territory plan under the daily supervision of the UK Municipal Sales Manager.
Decisions made in this role will have a significant impact on Hako’s professional standing within the defined customer base.
* To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times
* Creation and delivery of a contact strategy within local, central government and all organizations who supply or contract to the government sector.
* Take ownership for the co ordination, completion and submission of all relevant tenders
* Delivery of agreed annual revenue and margin targets
* The setting and agreeing of annual revenue targets with the Managing Director and UK Municipal Sales Manager
* Maximise Hako’s potential revenue by ensuring all product and service options are considered within all potential sales
* Maintain a strong knowledge of all Hako products and services
* Maintain a strong knowledge of all competitor products and service offerings and all key benefits that distinguish Hako from those competitor products and services;
* To develop an in-depth understanding of the designated territory and all likely current and future sales potential
* Proactively identify and develop total solutions for currently unrecognised needs within the local customer base and market sectors;
* Stay up-to-date with all local market/competitor and industry developments and ensure that the senior management team are briefed on their likely impact;
* To operate at all times within the Company’s policies and procedures and to ensure that decision-making, both commercial and tactical, is made at the correct level;
* Ensure the full utilisation of all available sales tools and to comply with required reporting policies and procedures at all times;
* Take responsibility for understanding and agreeing action plan for own development needs;
* Offer leadership in developing customer focus for other non-customer facing colleagues.
(minimum requirements to be able to perform the job effectively/successfully)
Education & Training
· Good Maths and English skills (min ‘O’ level or equivalent)
· educated to minimum of ‘A’ level or equivalent;
Skills & Experience
· At least 2 years’ selling experience, preferably in the Local Authority sector.
Knowledge working of CRM System
Knowledge of core municipalities in the North West region.
Interpersonal & Behavioural Skills
(To include core competencies)
· Has the potential to move a minimum of one further level in the organisation;
· Customer centricity – must have the ability to think beyond the status quo in order to ensure the organisation exceeds our customers’ expectations;
· Drive – fully focused on delivering, unwilling to accept missing “the numbers”;
· Personal impact – perceived as an energetic individual who will deliver, by both the customer and the rest of the Hako organisation;
· Tenacity – will always strive to achieve goals irrespective of the perceived size and extent of obstacles. Is willing to take risks.
Team player- will always act for the broader Hako customer team and take responsibilities that support colleagues and display behaviours that offer no direct benefit to oneself
· Display the Company’s Core Competencies and behaviours at all times – CP 002
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The Company reserves the right to adapt, change and add to these duties, tasks and responsibilities in line with business needs.