We currently have a great opportunity for you to join our team as a Multimedia Field-Sales Executive, based in our Falmouth office, home of the Falmouth Packet and South West Farmer!
Newsquest is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. We employ over 3,500 staff with 1,600 experienced media sales people that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles including USA Today.
WHAT THIS JOB INVOLVES...
As a Multimedia Field-Sales Executive you will be part of a busy and vibrant Advertising Sales team whereby you will play a fundamental role in ensuring the continued success and reputation that we pride ourselves on. This role will be a newly created role seeing you driving new business for the upcoming Prime magazine launch in the local area!
Your role will consist of B2B calls, and meetings, to the local businesses, and selling advertising space in the digital and print publications. This role with be a mixture of developing New Business and Account Management. Being able to manage both is an essential part in this role, whereby you will be liaising with new and existing clients managing their expectations and accounts to ensure that a positive relationship is maintained at all contact points.
From the get-go you will be in a predominantly New Business role to help develop the current client base, with opportunities to redevelop lapsed relationships where needed.
Due to the nature of the role it is crucial that you are enthusiastic, driven and value building good client relationships. Previous experience in B2B sales is ideal in relation to the responsibilities and time management necessary. Advertising Multimedia experience is an advantage with a focus on print and digital preferred, however we will look at good B2B sales experience in other industries.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DEMONSTRATE...
• Previous B2B sales experience where you have had to apply consultative sales techniques.
• Professional and competent client services skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and committed to delivery and performance.
• Ability to take ownership and embrace new technologies.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
• Target driven and a good objection handler, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems.
• Good time management & attention to detail - being able adapt and prioritise is essential.
• Strong personal resilience, negotiation & objection handling skills.
• An outgoing personality, strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality and a will to succeed.
We would like you to have…
• Experience of selling multimedia advertising is highly desirable.
• Experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or Futureproof
• Minimum education requirements of GCSE English and Maths
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU IN RETURN...
• A fun and lively work environment, with excellent potential for personal and career development
• A competitive base salary package with an uncapped commission scheme, which offers great earning potential!
• Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers