9 months ago
South East England
Here at Santander Technology we push the boundaries and create innovative, customer centric tech solutions for Santander. We collaborate to provide these world-class technical solutions and are embracing Agile across our business as we digitally transform our platforms and services to create the bank of the future.
Our teams embrace change and continually look for new and better ways to deliver. They collaborate to solve problems and find solutions in what can be a complex and challenging environment. Their passion for excellence and their tech is what makes Santander Technology so successful. We champion diversity, build communities and encourage learning resulting in a people orientated and balanced environment for all.
We have around 2,500 colleagues working across the UK with a further 10,000 colleagues across the globe and our presence is everywhere that Santander operates. You too could be part of our tech team serving 133 million Santander customers globally.
Our Big Data platform is now used by the bank to power all new digital applications. Data is at the heart of our transformation through the application of new technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and other open source technology and the adoption of new methods of work. We follow agile principles and take new approaches to software delivery, using test driven development and a continuous integration platform.
We’re responsible for the end-to-end and side-to-side aspects of the data business, from data integration and exploitation, data modelling and architecture to data governance. We design, test and deploy applications and are responsible for the strategy through to implementation, change management and communication.
As a team we are driven, agile and lean and work in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment and always seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial attitude who want their work to have real impact
What we're looking for
* Experience of converting requirements into MicroStrategy (MSTR) solutions that efficiently enable reporting and analytic capabilities to support the business and strategic initiatives of the enterprise.
* Knowledge and technical oversight for the development of integrated MicroStrategy solutions through expert guidance, review and validate new solutions to ensure accuracy and front end ease-of-use.
* First-hand knowledge of working with Transaction Services would also be advantageous
* Familiarity with the most recent versions of MSTR (10.2+) and mentor team on effective use of MSTR.
* Experience using other BI toolsets such as BOXI 4.1 and 3.1 would also be advantageous
* The successful applicant will be comfortable managing changes through different environments
* Experience of using Agile methodologies and TDD (test-driven development)
* Working knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases.
* The successful applicant Love learning and sharing knowledge within the team
* Are passionate about building solutions with security in mind
* Like working collaboratively with a team
What we offer?
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend ‘Meet Ups’ and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that’s dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
* Competitive salary
* Annual bonus scheme
* Generous pension scheme
* Private medical insurance
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Minimum of 26 days holiday per year in addition to public bank holidays and you can buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year with our ‘Flexi Holidays’ scheme.
* You’ll get 5 paid ‘Selfie Days’ per year (4 days for your personal development and 1 day to support the community)
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family and Dental insurance
* Access to onsite gyms and discounted gym memberships
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.