4 months ago
Role: Medical Devices Emerging Markets Commercial Support Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Pinewood, Wokingham, Berkshire.
In this transformational Emerging market role, the Senior Commercial Support Analyst will play a central role in supporting the overall forecasting, planning, analysis and consolidation activities while partnering with the BS CoE teams as well as the finance leads and directors from Business Unit Finance.
To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will possess strong technical and analytical skills with a proven track record of processing and analysing large complex volumes of data. They will have delivered solutions improving process efficiency and innovations enhancing financial and business insights.
Summary of key responsibilities:
• Play a central role in driving Medical Devices Emerging markets consolidation of business plan and actuals (40%)
• Assume ownership of reporting and planning tools development, improvement and maintenance (25%) and advanced analytics enhancement and development (10%)
• Partner with local Business Unit Finance for designated geography (TBC) / provide ad hoc support to the rest of the BSCoE Emerging market team (25%)
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Global Finance function of Johnson & Johnson offers exciting career opportunities for high calibre Finance professionals. We provide value by delivering superior financial performance, assuring financial integrity and compliance and, by developing great business leaders with Finance expertise. At Johnson & Johnson, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
Johnson & Johnson has more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with approximately 127,000 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Global Finance delivers work via a three-tier operating model consisting of Corporate Services, Johnson & Johnson Global Services and Business Unit Services. The Business Unit Services tier is comprised of locally-based Business Unit Finance teams and regional Business Support Centres of Excellence.
The Business Support Centres of Excellence (BS CoE) sit inside Business Unit Services. In EMEA, the Center of Excellence team is made up of a dynamic, diverse group of individuals representing a wide variety of experiences and cultural backgrounds. This team is fundamentally changing how Finance supports the Johnson & Johnson businesses in the region. The team looks after all the countries in Europe as well the Middle East and Africa. This means the Business Support Centre of Excellence provides the ideal work environment for those who enjoy being challenged and expanding their horizons.
• Responsibilities in this role are to ensure support in the areas of forecasting planning and reporting within the BS CoE Emerging Markets cluster (Central & Eastern Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa, Turkey). The areas covered are often complex in nature and require process expertise, in depth knowledge of J&J worldwide and FP&A procedures and detailed understanding of each area. Areas include:
• Proactively lead and own consolidation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Headcount for business plan (update) and actuals across Emerging Markets
• Drive standardization of monthly reporting across Emerging markets and assume ownership of the standardized reporting across the cluster
• Drive standardization and improve efficiency of planning tools across Emerging markets
• Drive implementation of advanced analytics tools in the cluster
• Assist in the preparation of ad hoc reporting & performance analytics - GP analysis, Price volume, Budget vs Actual reports, Sales Reports, Spend Optimization, Trending, etc
• Manage monthly reporting activities for the designated geography
• For a designated market, proactively lead and own P&L, Balance Sheet and Headcount business plans and related processes and their accurate and timely submissions in the system (TM1, Bravo App, Bravo)
• Meet all Compliance Requirements: SOX, J&J Records Retention rules, HCC/HCBI/IAPP etc
• Drive process standardization and continuous improvements in line with EMEA and BS CoE strategy
• Support/lead process improvement projects relevant to Emerging markets and wider EMEA
• Share best practice across BS CoE Team & wider EMEA Finance teams
• Assist the BS CoE Commercial Support Manager for Emerging Markets in the documentation of current processes – SOPs, work instructions, process flows, etc.
• Build strong interdependent partnerships with the BS CoE and Regional Finance Teams at all appropriate levels
• Provide financial leadership & analysis of new service opportunities & other key projects & ensure ongoing monitoring; Provide strong finance leadership to other projects as required
• Proactively take responsibility for personal development
• Advanced Microsoft Office Excel proficiency is a must; ideally knowledge of SAP, TM1 and J&J systems
• Experience at a similar level and/or within a multinational environment.
• Experience in process improvement/transformational projects
Skills and Competencies:
• Fluency in English (written & oral) a must
• Collaborative in style, open to change and strong continuous improvement mindset; strong team player and self-starter
• Strong analytical skills, ability to analyse large volumes of financial data (experience in programming with SQL, VBA, Python, etc advantage)
• Minimum +3 years post-qualification experience and/or +5 Years Business Experience
• Ability to bring clarity to complex business issues and proven success in managing projects & processes
• Strong communication, influencing & business partnering skills with an ability to flex communication styles appropriate to different levels and stakeholders
• Strong Business Mindset
• Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs for business impact
• Committed to on-time-zero-defect reporting and compliance with J&J standards
• Demonstrate honesty and ethical behavior in all areas of responsibility, and act as a role model for J&J Credo values
• Working to tight deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment across all layers of the finance tiers
• University Degree, preferably with financial background
• Recognized Professional Accountancy qualification
• Fluent spoken and written English
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)