about 1 year ago
Information on the company
Our client is a cutting-edge business publishing and events company that showcases the very best of entrepreneurial Britain. Their flagship magazine profiles the start-ups and business leaders that are driving forward British enterprise, keeping readers in tune with the industry trends and developments that could help deliver commercial success.
This is a graduate sales job offering a minimum of £18K + generous commission structure. Based in Chelmsford.
Key responsibilities of the role;
* To ensure that revenue forecasts are achieved and exceeded through personal sales and through the sales of the Sales Team.
* The post holder will work as a member of the sales team
Day-to-day activities will include;
To sell advertising on both digital and press platforms and exhibition stands for the Annual Conference & Exhibition. Targeting B2B companies, from SME C-suite decision makers and marketing managers of national companies.
* Leads will be sourced by the successful candidate and sold to via the telephone. Occasionally F2F meetings will be required at industry/competitor events.
* Generate new clients and must be able to source own leads
* Research and develop a personal sales pipeline
* Plan and manage a personal sales pipeline
* Plan and manage your daily activities
* Manage the sales processes
* Manage client accounts aftersales for future bookings
* Re-book and develop existing account clients
* Take part in appraisal, development and coaching
* Produce daily figures to the Sales Manager
* Take part in daily/weekly/monthly Sales Team meetings
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
* Previous sales experience essential, preferably in an exhibition sales environment
* Proven track record in achieving commercial targets and goals
* Experience of working as part of a sales team
* Experience of selling media advertising [preferred but not essential]
* Strong academic background preferred but not essential
* Excellent telesales skills particularly
* Cold calling experience required
* Able to source own leads
* Proven end to end sales skills – prospecting, pipeline management, negotiation, closing
* A knowledge of, or interest in general business issues
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Very organised with attention to detail and good time keeping
* Experience of giving good customer service
* Ability to cope with the pressure deadlines
* Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
* Ability to be flexible with working hours when required
* An all-round team player
Apply for this role