7 months ago
Job Title: Media Sales Account Executive
Department: Property Week
Reports to: Ad Director
Working Hours: 09:00am– 5.30pm, Monday-Friday
Overall Purpose of the Role:
* To contribute to the effective delivery of features, supplements and special projects.
* To actively seek new business opportunities and revenue streams
* To grow market share
* Managing the development of revenue by achieving agreed personal targets and preparing presentations
* Taking a proactive approach to lead sourcing in order to uncover new business opportunities
* Liaising with clients daily to discuss and identify their advertising requirements – devising an advertising campaign that meets their needs and budget
* Creating new business relationships whilst building rapport and growing existing business to increase revenue across the geographical area
* To ensure that the Company processes and policies in relation to revenue generation and representation in the Company accounts is accurate and appropriate in all circumstances, referring matters to the Finance Director, Financial Controller, Commercial Finance Manager and relevant CEO Direct Report whenever necessary.
* Adherence to all relevant HMRC and all other regulatory accounting principles.
* To adhere to the Company policies including the Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy.
* To carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time.
Key Results Areas:
* Achievement of agreed sales targets.
* Min 60 calls per day of which 25 must be effective
* Delivering a minimum 2 proposals a week
* Completion of administrative tasks including invoicing clients, compiling reports and using CRM systems
Personal Specifications and Competencies:
* Experience of consultative sales and have a professional telephone manner
* Evidence in generating New Business
* Evidence in call making at a high level
* Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with key decision makers
* Evidence of success in prioritising and dealing with high level sensitive information and enquiries and taking appropriate action on a regular basis.
* Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to create presentations.
* Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
Judgement and Analysis:
* A strong understanding of business and organisational risk and the ability to analyse situations and apply judgement on decisions.
* Awareness of the Company’s reputation, finance or legal position.
* Resourceful and purposeful, with initiative, drive and a strong desire to deliver exceptional results.
* A team player both internally and externally.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Special Requirements:
* Media sales experience desirable
* Ability to work in a team