5 months ago
Media & Broadcast Sales - Account Management (113972)
: Sales and Client Management
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive
: Aug 1, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Media & Broadcast (M&B) is at the forefront of broadcast technology, constantly updating our approach to meet market demands and to ensure we’re delivering a world-leading global network for the next generation of media and broadcast services.
This is a senior Account Management role reporting to the Head of Sales. The role holder will be responsible for the management of customers in the UK with emphasis on developing and growing the services that BT Media & Broadcast provide. The customers are one of our largest accounts and consume a wide range of bespoke and complex managed broadcast services to support a rapidly changing customer and technology environment.
The role holder will be responsible for the development of sales in an established account(s) and market sector. The role holder will maintain successful and sustainable business relationships with the client to contribute to the profitable growth of BTs top line revenue and EBITDA through creating solutions for the customer using the whole of BT Media and Broadcast and BT Group product capabilities. The role holder negotiates at a high level, but within well-defined limits of delegation.
The role holder will need to apply insight and an understanding of the customer’s strategy while embedding best practice account development, sales and account management disciplines, working with product / proposition teams to develop concepts that meet customer needs and expand the business scope of the contract. Success in the role depends on developing and actively managing all relationships with the client and senior executives.
The role holder will require an excellent understanding of the media & broadcast industry, the challenges faced and the technology evolution required to support broadcast & media operations.
BT Enterprise has around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
What you'll be doing
Win business and manage in-life:
* New opportunity pipeline.
* Lead the development and management of the new opportunity pipeline for the account(s).
* Identify where existing opportunities can be grown or new opportunities identified.
* Take ownership of each opportunity in the pipeline.
Discover & discern:
* Lead identification of new opportunities where required.
* Apply BTW&V approach to strategic selling and be accountable for following the agreed approach.
* Lead and manage new business opportunities through the sales lifecycle to closure.
* Lead qualification of all opportunities.
* Lead closure of individual opportunities, and have overall accountability for the win ratio for the account.
* Drive profitability of all opportunities.
* Manage in-life contracts.
* Lead the in life management of contracts, accountable for delivering against commitments, managing escalations across all products and increasing contract profitability.
* In-life customer service reviews of Reach.
* Bespoke reviews of DSO service and alternative connectivity options to ensure BT achieve maximum share of wallet.
* Ensure that all contract governance is managed in line with group policy, monthly CGR process and SOX compliance obligations, change control.
* Ensure contract SLA management and accurate commercial inventory maintained.
* Management of new business, change controls and ongoing work from quote to fulfilment.
* Account strategy. Proactively influence and input to the development of the account(s) strategy and sales targets. Provide customer insight to enable development of new services and propositions.
* Client landscaping & account strategy. Deliver account strategies and sales targets within the cost budget that are consistent with the sector and BTW&V strategy, using best practice tools.
* Account planning and execution. Input to definition of account plan(s), setting out the pipeline of sales opportunities within the account, and the plan to realise each opportunity. Apply the BTW&V standard approach to pipeline management.
* Define and execute contact plans in support of a long-term relationship in accounts.
* Grow key relationships.
* Customer satisfaction.
* Deliver target CSAT for the account.
* Develop agreed customer service plans for the account.
* Review CSAT surveys and work in partnership with Products and Service to realise target CSAT.
* To manage Salesforce, ensuring that all contact information is current and accurate and any data issues are resolved in a timely way.
* Input to one truth revenue, contract and profit forecast for the account(s). Agree this with the customer and Finance.
* Medium-term business strategy and objectives typically guide this role.
* Impact is immediate, delivering on this year but also contributing to development of the medium-term account strategy.
* The role holder will have revenue, margin and new business objectives.
* Manage the business relationship with the client and delivery of revenue, margin and new business sales objectives.
* Able to engage at senior management level both internally and externally to within well defined limits of delegation.
* Responsible for identifying future opportunities that can be productised and create wider future benefit.
* Lead development of commercially sound solutions with input from specialists and working with acquisition roles on larger opportunities to negotiate and close the sale.
* Delivers account strategy & targets and account plan.
* Delivers contact plan to agreed budget.
* Delivers account CSAT plan.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Relevant job experience.
* Ability to deliver business objectives and stretching sales targets.
* Ability to use insight to make decisions to win, develop and retain profitable business.
* High level of sales leadership.
* Able to create and implement effective communication channels/techniques to drive motivation and business performance within the organisation.
* Good motivation, coaching and presentation skills.
* Strong negotiation & influencing skills.
* Ability to network and build strong relationships at all levels.
* Clear demonstration of solution sales technique and good commercial acumen and financial knowledge.
* Experience of driving virtual teams to deliver necessary business results.
* In-depth knowledge of latest developments in the industry, acting as a highly knowledgeable professional in their field.
* Experience of working within and comprehensive understanding of Media & Broadcast industry.
* Track record in selling solutions to major customers, ideally in the media and broadcast market place.
* Ideally degree level or above education.
* Customer focused with proven record of customer value based sales.
* Commercial acumen.
* Creative and innovative thinker.
* Able to adapt behaviour to situation and people.
* Experience of running matrix teams to deliver revenue/contract/profit targets.
* Significant stakeholder & relationship management experience, demonstrating impact and influence at senior and all levels.