6 months ago
Amazon Marketplace Professional Services (AMPS)
Are you interested in innovating to deliver a world-class level of service to Amazon’s Selling Partners? The Amazon Marketplace Professional Services (AMPS) program seeks to improve the customer and Selling Partner experience on Amazon by working directly with Selling Partners to improve value, selection and convenience across their business. Our team will invent and innovate across technology, processes and people to grow the program, improve seller engagement and satisfaction and enable scalable global solutions through direct cooperation with the US, China and Japan Teams.
AMPS is seeking a dynamic and motivated leader to lead the team responsible for launching our Marketplace Growth service in the UK. This service helps Selling Partners through offering support on launching on new programs, exploring Amazon’s marketing tools, advising on account strategy and selection listing. This is delivered by a team of Marketplace Specialists (your direct reports) responsible for working with a group of 15-20 Selling Partners to help them grow their business on Amazon’s EU Marketplace, supported by a Premium Selling Partner Support Service, to help address operational and technical issues. Given the early phase of the program you will be responsible for building and iterating pitches, processes, product details and driving a high level of Selling Partner satisfaction. You will also be responsible for supporting planning and scaling for the program into 2020 and beyond. This is an opportunity to shape a key new growth program in Amazon’s EU marketplace, working alongside cross functional teams and with colleagues in the US, China and Japan.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable influencing senior internal and external stakeholders, have strong sales skills and experience of sales processes, a track record of using data and tools to drive business growth and be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment given the early stage of the AMPS program.
· Hire and Develop a team of 8 Marketplace Specialists
· Develop and deliver a strategy and execution plan to meet UK AMPS 2019 goals
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around our Paid Service programs.
· Drive lead generation and sales pipeline activities
· Support Marketplace Specialists in their portfolio management and analysis and actions to grow their Selling Partners on Amazon
· Devise and monitor key input, output and Selling Partner satisfaction metrics
· Identify opportunities to accelerate Selling Partner growth and selection and work with marketplace program teams to secure content, training and tools for the AMPS program
· Develop a thorough understanding of the Amazon Marketplace 3rd party services industry and competitive environment, including knowledge of competing product offerings.
· Identify required internal and Selling Partner facing tools and metrics and work with the AMPS product manager to scope business needs for the tech roadmap
· Take on planning and strategic projects on how to scale and diversify the AMPS program beyond 2019
5+ years prior experience in business development / sales / sales-engineering / consulting (top-tier firm), preferably in the technology, internet and e-commerce sectors.
· Experience successfully leading and developing teams of direct and indirect reports
· Proven track-record as individual contributor in fostering key client relationships and hitting quotas/targets.
· Self-motivated, results-driven and autonomous taking responsibility for achieving your targets.
· Strong analytic and project management skills.
· Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams across business-development, marketing, operations, product development, legal teams, etc.
· Good balance between strategic / analytical skills and operational execution.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to persuade, convince and explain complex concepts up to Director/VP level
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
· Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
· Experience of B2B sales