about 1 month ago
About The Role
Are you passionate about delivering great customer service? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and customer focused environment? If so, a career at Ladbrokes Coral could be for you.
Live chat with someone in our team now to find out more!
As a Marketplace Manager you will lead, engage and develop your shop teams to offer a great experience for all of our customers. You will have full accountability for your shop performance and the skills to motivate and encourage your teams to deliver the very best!
What will you be doing?
(Responsible for managing two, and in some limited cases three shops)
* Leading, developing and training the teams so they are able to deliver consistently exceptional customer service. Ensuring a great customer journey and resolving complaints and issues when necessary.
* Ensuring compliance with the following:
* Health and Safety procedures
* Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Guidelines
* Security procedures
* Think 21
* Cost Control
* Maintaining high shop standards, taking pride in the shop and ensuring all colleagues adhere to the company uniform policy and focus on shop cleanliness.
* Responsible for ensuring the shop is cleaned on a regular basis and tidy at all times.
* Building strong shop teams through effective recruitment, induction and ongoing training and development.
* Managing the shop teams to ensure strong performance, high attendance levels and appropriate conduct.
* Developing the shop teams in their current role and supporting development for those with potential for future roles within the business.
* Encouraging the shop teams to understand the company's product offering, including in shop and online, to enable them to have confident conversations with customers.
* Managing all shop controllable costs within the agreed budget.
* Ensuring the teams have commercial awareness and understand how they can personally impact the shops’ profitability.
* Managing the shops’ profit and loss account.
* Effectively managing the shops rotas to ensure the shops are resourced correctly, operate within the optimum hours allocated, and are in line with the Working Time Directive.
* Supporting the area with rota management to ensure all shops are fully resourced and absence covered.
* Supporting the area with investigations, grievance meetings and formal performance meetings.
* Managing any absence calls efficiently, utilising the most cost effective resource to resolve.
* Ensuring annual leave is fairly proportioned across all colleagues.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
* Passion for delivering great customer service
* The ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively
* Self-motivated with strong organisation skills
* Happy to work autonomously or part of team
* The ability to adapt and learn
* Ability to deal with tough situations in a calm and professional manner
* Ideally previous people management experience
* Ability to drive performance and achieve results
What can we offer you?
* A clear and achievable career path
* Full and comprehensive training programme
* Performance based incentives
* 28 days paid holiday (pro rata)
* Competitive salary and benefits
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
* Pension Scheme
* Specsavers Eye care Vouchers
* Reward Arena Scheme - Allowing discounts to over 500 different retailers
* Localised performance based incentives
* Overtime subject to availability
* Staff recognition award nights
* A clear and achievable career path
* Full and comprehensive training programme:
* 2 days Face to Face Induction session with a Regional Trainer to give you the best start when joining the business.
* All new starters complete a blended online and on the job journey, with the goal to becoming signed off to duty manager in 8 weeks; with dynamic web based content on the Ladbrokes Coral Academy and support from your colleagues.
* Ongoing performance development with your Line Manager to receive regular feedback and plan your personal development.
* An advancement programme to take you on a structured journey with potential for advancement to other parts of the business.
* The LCG Huddle (the company intranet) is available 24/7 so that you can access information on development tools and advice and gain even more knowledge and access to the wider business.
In most of our shops opening hours are between 8am – 10pm Monday to Sunday.
In this role you will work 5 out of 7 days, which will include weekends and Bank Holidays.
Shifts are devised on a rota basis and will change weekly in order to keep shifts fair across the team.
You must be 18 years old or over to work in one of our betting shops.
About The Company
At Ladbrokes Coral, we believe we’ve got the best brands in betting and gaming; and the best people behind them too. Our recent acquisition by GVC combined more than 230 years of heritage and opened up a world of exciting opportunities for the future of our business.
With the biggest UK retail estate in the industry, a growing digital business and an ever-expanding international presence, we want to be the world’s best betting and gaming company, where customers want to play and people want to work.