We have a great opportunity for you to join our team as a Marketing Solutions Account Manager (Field sales), based from our Basildon office.
Newsquest is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles including USA Today.
As a Marketing Solutions Account Manager (Field sales) your role will predominantly be out on the road facilitating new business development whereby you will be responsible for managing your own territory. You will be responsible for generating new leads, conducting research and pitching to a variety of local business across the region, selling advertising space in our local digital and print publications. Account management plays an essential part in this role, whereby you will be liaising with new and existing clients managing their expectations and accounts to ensure that a positive relationship is maintained at all contact points. This will involve accurately reporting data, generating repeat custom/upselling along with supporting the clients on their advertisement campaign from design and formatting to ad placement.
We need you to have…..
• B2B sales skills transferable into the role
• Excellent attention to detail and committed to delivery and performance.
• Target driven and a good objection handler, with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Negotiation and objection handling are central to any sales environment therefore you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
• Good time management & attention to detail - being able adapt and prioritise is essential
• Strong personal resilience, negotiation & objection handling skills
• An outgoing personality, strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality and a will to succeed
• Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) experience
We would like you to have….
• Experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or Futureproof
• Ability to speak in the Welsh language.
We'll look after you with….
• A fun and lively work environment, with huge potential for personal and career development
• A competitive base salary package along with an uncapped commission structure
• Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Various sales incentives
• Extensive and continuous sales development training through our accredited Sales Excellence Academy