6 months ago
Marketing Partnership Manager – London
Marketing Partnership Manager – London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Partnership Manager to join our team in London.
You will be assisting in the management of our Partnerships and working with teams to implement our Partnership plans. You will also provide marketing and event execution support on all Sector, International and Local (SIL) activity, helping monitor our budget spend.
In addition to this, you will also support the SIL program through a wide network and assist in communications and delivery.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Marketing Partnership Manager your main responsibilities will be
* Assisting in the management of our Partnerships and working with teams to implement our partnership plans, providing marketing and event execution support on all Sector, International and Local (SIL) activity and helping monitor our budget spend
* Managing and monitoring the partnerships budget to ensure we are on spend and driving activity aligned to the overall International & Transactional Banking strategy
* Supporting the marketing team in the day to day operations of our key partnerships and working alongside the Marketing & Communications team to embed the proposition and marketing activity through different channels, our partners, social media and events
* Creating holistic plans which encompass sector/country focuses, linking to Trade Shows, Flagship Events, Trade Missions, Thought Leadership and working with key partners to help deliver the strategy
* Supporting the SIL team in developing partnerships, implementing them, driving results and monitoring successes, building business cases for new partnerships and project managing of partnerships working with Marketing and Communications team
Minimum skills and experience required
* Good understanding of the Corporate & Commercial environment and within which it operates
* Strong organisational skills and project planning skills as well as being able to carry out financial analysis
* Marketing experience is an advantage but not essential
* Strong communication skills both written & verbal
* Strong stakeholder management experience and being able to deliver messages to a wide range of audiences
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Ludgate Hill office in London is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of St Pauls and City Thameslink. Housing a range of key business areas from Retail, Corporate and Wealth division to our Santander Business, Technology & Operations and Innovation Hub. Surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops the atmosphere is a vibrant one.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.