9 months ago
We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join us o Amazon Pay Partner Management Team
Amazon Pay & Partner Management
Amazon Pay provides consumers and merchants the simple and trusted way to pay and get paid online through multiple access channels. Amazon Pay allows more than 300 Million Amazon buyers to login and pay securely on a merchant’s website, using their payment and address information stored in Amazon account. The Partner Management team is responsible for acquiring new business, maximizing revenue generation and driving usage of Amazon Pay. The team creates innovative ways to drive penetration across new and established verticals and supports internal stakeholders in Product, Customer Support, Engineering, etc with merchant engagement. The Intern - Partner Management will play a key role in shaping the future of the Amazon Pay in UK.
What is the Role?
Working within one of the fastest growing areas of Amazon you will have the opportunity to partner with high potential retailers across a variety of different categories with a view to helping grow their online businesses.
· Prospect, call, qualify and close high potential online merchants that deliver competitive selection, pricing and product availability
· Understand the wider business driver of Amazon Pay to drive awareness/adoption in existing verticals/market segments.
· Improve internal business processes, tools, structures, etc to drive growth/continuous improvement.
Operating in a fast-moving and challenging environment, Amazon’s high performance bar requires that you are self-motivated and target driven, skilled in phone based sales, able to work autonomously and take full control and responsibility for achieving the quarterly sales target.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Support internal teams to introduce new product features to merchants.
· Build and maintain a strong commercial relationship with key merchants.
· Develop a deep understanding of the current functionality of Amazon Pay to find and execute new opportunities.
· Manage contract negotiations.
· Identify and optimize marketing engagements with new merchants to drive new revenue opportunities.
· Serve as the primary relationship liaison for business, technical and high priority customer service escalations during merchant launch process.
· Join project teams and support efforts to define new market opportunities, new business strategies and deep dive analyses.
Communication & Reporting:
· Provide content for internal business communications highlighting various initiatives, successes, and platform improvement opportunities through voice of the merchant.
· Prioritise the needs of merchants in balance with internal priorities.
· Be accountable for providing information on Salesforce.com and other reporting systems.
- Currently enrolled in an educational program at bachelor or master level which includes a 6 month internship (you would be expected to go back to university following your internship)
- Experience in one/more of: sales, ecommerce, payments
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Demonstrable negotiation skills and influencing abilities
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Independence and flexibility in dealing with multiple complex issues
· Experience executing on programs and projects with minimal resources
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Composed, poised and professional demeanor in all situations