6 months ago
Overall Job Purpose
We are looking for a brilliant Marketing Executive to work across London Art Fair and New Designers. London Art Fair is the premier UK art fair for modern British and contemporary art and takes place annually at the Business Design Centre, bringing together over a hundred leading international galleries – showcasing exceptional work from both leading figures and emerging talent. New Designers is the UK’s most important exhibition for graduate design, ensuring that the lifecycle of the design industry continues and thrives.
The role of the Marketing Executive (ME) is to assist in the planning and delivery of the communications campaign for these events with a view to achieving the right quality and quantity of visitors and exhibitors and meeting the required revenue targets where applicable. This is to be achieved through understanding the market; working with the internal team, external suppliers, partners and exhibitors to gain further insights into our customers’ needs; inputting into the marketing plan and into the visitor target groups and by delivering the marketing communications campaign for events.
Beyond the standard expected skills of a Marketing Executive, you will play a key role in helping shape our digital narrative by creating campaigns across our digital channels that truly engage audiences and deliver ROI.
Some key responsibilities:
* To work with the Marketing Manager (MM) and Events team on the creation, development and implementation of the communications plan in order to achieve event objectives
* To understand the objectives and timescales for the event
* To work with the MM and Events team to produce targeted and effective marketing collateral
* To assist the MM in planning and implementing the visitor marketing campaigns including advertising, print, direct mail, special promotions, media partnerships, web media and liaising with PR agencies; with a specific focus on social media and email marketing
* Manage and monitor event social media accounts including scheduling posts and fielding enquiries made via these platforms
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Experience in Marketing and Campaign Planning
* Experience in creating targeted digital marketing content
* Experience in Basic Website Management
* Experience managing social media business accounts
* Understanding of digital marketing tools and techniques
* Understanding of conventional and digital marketing channels
* Good overall IT skills including Outlook and Microsoft Office
* An understanding and interest in Modern and contemporary art and design, would be an advantage.
* Able to think creatively and strategically
* Committed and determined
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Organised with good time management
* Ability to pay close attention to detail
* Willing to learn, adapt and grow within a role