9 months ago
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Holidays function of the Saga business.
You will be supporting the Marketing Manager in the formulation and execution of Marketing plans within agreed strategies and to effectively implement agreed plans.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* To plan and implement all aspects of Saga Holidays’ marketing campaigns in conjunction with relevant business areas
* To segment and analyse the customer database in order to select the appropriate customers for targeted campaigns
* Process data through internal systems for various channels i.e. for Email/Direct Mail/Outbound Call campaigns
* Analyse each campaign, making recommendations for future activities, including how to improve passenger conversions and drive campaign efficiencies
* Continually monitor passenger and revenue forecasts, making recommendations of any actions required to ensure forecasts are met
* Conduct competitor research and analysis, making recommendations based on market activity
* Propose and develop marketing campaigns based on previous activity, market data and customer insight
* Develop departmental, business-wide and external relationships for smoother business communication and transactions to take place
* To propose and implement an ongoing programme of creative and data testing in order to improve the performance of our marketing
* To research and analyse best practices for all aspects of the marketing department’s activity - implementing and co-ordinating with relevant parties
* To project manage several campaigns at any one given time, constantly supervising to make sure deadlines are adhered to and the correct data is collated
* To book-in and co-ordinate all aspects of marketing campaigns with both internal and external stakeholders
* To create, distribute and implement tracking elements for all marketing campaigns
* To Liaise with financial departments and colleagues in order to complete invoices and finance forms relevant to your completed marketing campaigns, challenging any discrepancies you may find
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Highly numerate with good working knowledge of MS Office
* Proficient in use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Passionate about travel and personal ambition
* Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
* Creativity and problem solving skills
* Able to work simultaneously on many projects
* Dedication to the business as a whole
* Good standard of secondary education
* A passion for travel is a must
* Pro-active, entrepreneurial and focused on business objectives
* Strong attention to detail
* Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
* Good project management skills/ownership of projects.
* Takes accountability and responsibility to action tasks
* Can work with a level of autonomy, doesn’t always needs to revert to peers to make decisions
* Innovator and ideas generator
* Curious mind/Inquisitive
* Ability to influence colleagues from within department and across the business
* Willingness to research and learn in order to reach business objectives.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.