11 months ago
The Marketing Communications Executive will be part of our talented, agile and innovative Brand & Trade Marketing team, which is in charge of raising awareness of Future and telling our stories to various audience groups including client and agencies, corporate investors, consumers and employees.
He/she will play a key role in bringing our stories to life across various channels, with a focus on digital platforms and innovative communication techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop in the fast-changing and exciting world of digital media and join an entrepreneurial and highly agile environment.
The Marketing Communications Executive will gain valuable exposure to different areas of the business including advertising and content marketing, product development, e-commerce and events. They will collaborate on a daily basis with some of the best creative, editorial and commercial professionals in the industry.
Key role responsibilities
Working closely with the Head of Brand & Trade Marketing, you will deliver core external and internal communication services, consistent with Future’s values and business objectives.
Help develop Future’s corporate and individual brands’ positioning and effectively communicate these through various channels. Focus on the role will be on:
• Managing Future’s corporate website and social media accounts
• Helping establish relationship with the media (including trade and nationals)
• Writing and pitching stories and thought leadership content to the print, broadcast, and online media; consistently and effectively tracking media coverage
• Proactively identifying and pitching Future participation to relevant media industry events (speaking opportunities, attendance, sponsorships)
• Writing background briefings and Q&A documents in preparation for media interviews
• Helping manage the relationship with trade (media industry) organisations (e.g. AOP, CMA) and identify relevant collaboration opportunities
• Supporting other initiatives designed to strengthen Future’s positioning including events and PR campaigns
• Serving as main point of contact for media queries
Ensure consistent and effective internal communication globally. This includes:
• Creating content for blogs, staff communication and tactical ‘roadshow’ events
• Coordinating the creation of other content such as animations, infographics, videos and reports
• Managing Future’s central intranet hub
Essential skills and experience
• Passion for marketing communications and appreciation of the role of PR
• Good understanding of the digital media landscape
• Exceptional writing skills and ability to write in different styles, adapting for audience and purpose
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Experience of creating content and managing commercial social media platforms
• Experience of writing presentations and press releases to tight deadlines
• Excellent computer literacy – Gmail, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
• Flexible and adaptable approach with an enthusiasm to learn and take on big and small tasks
• Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Desirable skills and experience
• Journalism qualification or similar level of writing experience
• Experience gained in a marketing communications position
• Wordpress / CMS experience
• Research skills
• Passionate and knowledgable about Future’s portfolio