9 months ago
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in technical consulting and/or project/program management in corporate IT, professional IT services, or product development. Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Go, C++, or similar programming languages.
* Technical experience with Web technologies such as HTML, XML, JSON, OAuth2. Experience in analysis of relational data using database management systems (e.g. MySQL, BigQuery, etc).
* Ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
* Experience in leading IT implementations, IT support, deployments, and/or business development activities.
* Experience in implementing large-scale cloud or software projects in corporate environments.
* Experience with relevant technologies like Big Data and DevOps. Demonstrated experience in scalable application development.
* Effective organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
The Google Cloud Professional Services team is responsible for effectively introducing Google’s most strategic clients to Google Cloud Platform and to G Suite, and assisting them from inception to production. We solve the most challenging and complex technical problems - from infrastructure migration, to network optimization, to security best practices, and much more. We also work closely with product engineering and support staff to flawlessly lead client deployments, implementations, and the integration of custom features.
As a Strategic Cloud Engineering Manager, you'll lead a regional technical team of Field Engineers which is an integral part of the broader Professional Services team. You will work closely with regional leads to accommodate the demand for skills, to provide technical leadership across the region, and to mentor a growing team. You'll have the opportunity to thrive while working in small, highly-performing teams and bringing your demonstrated leadership acumen to a team responsible for ensuring the best experience for our potential new customers.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Manage and grow a team of Strategic Cloud Engineers.
* Consult with customers on technical challenges based on in-depth product and technical knowledge.
* Develop technical tools and assets. Document reproducible solutions for customers and partners.
* Provide highly technical implementation support in customer environments, including guidance on implementation feasibility of cross-product integrations.