5 months ago
The Investor Relations department is the primary interface between Saga plc and the financial community (institutional and retail shareholders, debt holders, sell-side and buy-side analysts) and is focused on ensuring the Company’s overall strategy is well understood by external stakeholders. This involves creating effective materials to convey the Saga story by means of press releases, presentations, interacting with key stakeholders on a one-to-one basis, and representing the Company at various investor conferences throughout the year.
Next to this external focus, the Investor Relations team is responsible for keeping executive Management and the Board abreast of developments impacting the capital markets and the trading of Saga plc securities.
The Manager of Investor Relations is a key contributor to the creation and analysis of public disclosure on the Company performance and key initiatives.
The position reports to the Director of Investor Relations.
Following the recently announced fundamental change to its strategy, the Company is seeking an experienced Manager of Investor Relations to work closely with the Director of Investor Relations, Executive Committee and Board to manage and cultivate relationships with key investors and analysts. Investors and sell-side analysts are closely monitoring the performance of the Company against its new strategy and it is crucial that the Manager of Investor Relations can handle the scrutiny, possess the commercial skills to fully understand and communicate an evolving strategy in a way that secures buy-in from an audience who will at times be sceptical. This individual should always be direct, challenging, highly motivated to ensure that success is delivered.
* Co-lead the creation of presentations, press releases and other communication materials (e.g. key messages, Q&A, speeches) for earnings releases, investor conferences and presentations to analysts, brokers and investors.
* Ensure all external communication regarding business performance is clear and accurate and that external expectations are managed prior to formal announcements.
* Co-lead our relationships with major shareholders, communicating about our evolving strategy and securing support for our plans and direction, thus securing their continued commitment to invest in the business.
* Proactively work with brokers to ensure a continuous stream of new investor interest in the business.
* Helping maintain and develop a 12-month rolling company investor relations plan, including helping establish the optimum type and mix of shareholders.
* Lead the production of the annual report and accounts, with specific responsibility for preparing and consolidating the Strategic Report
* Liaise with equity and industry analysts e.g. review of draft research, responding to queries/questions
* Monitor analyst reports and summarise them for executive management
* Attend investor/analyst meetings with the aim of leading investor meetings over time. Some regional and overseas travel may be required.
* Support consensus preparation and manage in-house expectations.
* Monitor share price and valuation of the Company.
* Help organise conferences, roadshows, earnings conference calls and investor meetings.
* Analyse information on the capital market and shareholder and other investor behaviours to systematically inform the executive management and Board on status developments, and the investment community’s attitude towards Saga plc.
* Maintaining a detailed database of all investor and broker contact.
* Assist in managing the planning and flow of corporate public relations information through our PR advisers.
* Oversee our retail communications strategy including responding to retail shareholder concerns/queries and supporting our Shareholder Services provider.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
* IR professional with extensive experience in Investor Relations and financial communications, with experience in conglomerate businesses (preferably in ideally in insurance/travel)
* A strong background in accounting (ideally ACA or similar) with Big 4 experience.
* Knowledge of corporate organisational structures, strategic resets, investor targeting.
* Experience in rebuilding a shareholder base around a new strategy.
* Experience in setting IR strategy and executing an IR calendar of events including capital market days, earnings calls, investor, chairman and remuneration roadshows and company AGM.
* Experience in executing both an institutional and retail shareholder strategy.
* Experience in leading the production of annual reports and accounts ideally for FTSE 250 or larger UK plc companies.
* Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with key leaders in and around the business.
* Ability to provide direction and influence internally and externally.
* Comfortable working in a challenging environment where the share price and investor trust in the brand requires rebuilding.
* Excited about embracing the challenges that are inherent in our current situation and keen to play a significant part in the execution of the revised strategy.
* Experience in working with IR systems.
* Excellent written, oral and presentation (PowerPoint) communications skills.
* Highly numerate, with strong financial and business acumen.
* History of outstanding performance from academic achievements and in career to date.
Education and qualifications:
* ACA or CIMA qualified
* Postgraduate studies in Investor Relations (ideally from internationally recognised IR Society’s)
* A highly commercial and strategic thinker with the capability to execute the role tactically, combined with a high degree of attention to detail.
* Strong, articulate, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to deliver information concisely.
* Excellent influencing and relationship building skills. Able to build trust and confidence internally and with the investment community.
* Ability to think analytically under pressure, to identify needed information and obtain it from diverse sources and to present practical solutions to problems.
* Ability to multi-task and must be well organised; high attention to detail; high level of accuracy; ability to meet established deadlines; ability to work under pressure; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Team player with interpersonal sensitivity, confidence, diplomacy and persuasiveness.
* Able to work at least 1 day per week at our Folkestone head office and spend significant time in London and abroad at key times in the investment cycle.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.