2 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in the music industry or in digital media.
* Experience working cross-functionally with business and technical teams.
* Ability to speak and write in English and either French, Spanish, German, Italian or Portuguese fluently and idiomatically.
* Experience negotiating digital music content licensing agreements.
* Understanding of the music and video industries as well as the nuances of licensing and key Internet and digital media trends. Network of relationships with European labels and/or artists.
* Ability to drive new partnerships, promote new business opportunities to existing partners and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues raised by partners.
* Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships externally and internally, including with senior stakeholders.
* Service mindset, with ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate partner satisfaction and make a partner account successful.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
About the job
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
You will be on the YouTube Music team whose aim is growing labels, artists and songwriters online and building successful careers for artists and business models for the music industry on YouTube. As Manager, you will be responsible for providing ongoing business development and relationship management to some of YouTube and Google Play's key European label partners.
You have strong knowledge of the music rights landscape, exceptional partner management skills, a service mindset and extensive relationships in the music industry.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
* Discuss content-licensing agreements, strategic distribution agreements and record label authorizations where applicable.
* Work cross-functionally to develop and drive partner-related business processes, including escalation of strategic issues. Update internally or externally on product, operational and account changes consistently and collect feedback for internal stakeholders.
* Manage existing partnerships to optimize business growth and user experience while maintaining relationships with key partners in one or several countries in EMEA. Facilitate partner interaction with internal teams.
* Identify long-term business growth opportunities for partner accounts and drive those opportunities internally and externally.
* Work with management to define and launch strategic business initiatives in your assigned market. Define, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends for management.