6 months ago
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the insurance function of the business.
Reporting to the FP&A Finance Manager in the Saga Services Finance Department, this role is ideally suited to a finance systems specialist with previous experience in financial planning and reporting (TM1 experience is preferred but not essential). Ideal candidates will be newly qualified accountants, finalists or QBE. This role will also be responsible for ensuring all reporting systems and processes are well maintained and documented to facilitate the successful delivery of the reporting cycles.
This role will form a central role within the wider FP&A team in providing detailed and robust financial reporting, planning and analysis in accordance with both internal and external reporting guidelines and requirements.
Although this role is a fixed terms contract, there may be further opportunities within Saga group thereafter.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
* Take responsibility for Saga Services for internal financial reporting and analysis including:
* Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for Saga Services P&L and balance sheet.
* Product revenue analytics and commentaries for actuals, forecast, budget and 5-year plan.
* Variance analysis and commentary for presentation to Directors, Senior Management, Group reporting and Board.
* Supporting of weekly trading management information.
* Monthly forecasting and modelling for current financial year, full-year budget and long-term planning.
* Year-end analytics and reporting for statutory reporting and external audit.
* Continuous design and improvement of existing financial planning processes to satisfy business requirements and support commercial decision making.
* Drive system development, implementation and change to deliver process improvement and enhanced MI.
* Continue to drive FP&A report improvements in order to drive efficiency and enhanced presentation of data to support the business.
* Coaching other members of the FP&A team.
* Provide support to the Finance Manager – FP&A on all matters as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Able to demonstrate significant competence in the use of financial systems packages (general ledger, financial modelling systems) and advanced knowledge of Excel.
* Demonstrable competence of working in a Financial planning and reporting environment.
* Technical accounting skills.
* Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation, ideally a plc.
* Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping (physical and electronic).
* Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives under pressure.
* A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality.
Education and Qualifications:
* Graduate level or equivalent desirable.
* Newly qualified, finalist ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant, or QBE.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority.
* Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels.
* High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change.
* Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box.
* Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution.
* Able to work independently without constant oversight.
* Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
* 28 days holiday
* Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
* Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
* Saga Social Club
* AXA Be Supported
* Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
* Free fruit
* Give as you earn
* Childcare vouchers
* Free eye tests
* Honeymoon benefit
* Salary finance
* Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
* A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
* Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.