5 months ago
A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to join AO Finance department as a Purchase Ledger Clerk and be an integral part of the UK Finance team. You will be joining a dynamic team whilst having the independence to work alone in a fast paced environment. This role is no ordinary Purchase Ledger role with no two days are the same - you will constantly be challenged and driven out of your comfort zone. Picture a typical Finance department… Scrap that concept! This is a work hard play hard environment with an excellent diverse team! If you feel you are up to the challenge…. Read on!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Taking responsibility of the client invoicing process and working to meet the required deadlines
* Using formulas and complex spreadsheets on a daily basis
* Uploading the sales invoices to Microsoft Dynamics AX
* Matching off bank receipts to sales invoices
* Producing the aged debt report and chasing any outstanding debts
* Issuing client statements
* Working closely with our customers and building strong relationships to ensure that any invoice queries are resolved as quickly as possible
* Working with both the Commercial and wider Logistics team to resolve any internal queries.
* Manage SL inbox
* Additional assistance where necessary within team
A Few Things About You
Need to have:
* Excellent MS Excel skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Must demonstrate a positive attitude, with a focus on a ‘can do’ way of thinking
* Adaptable to business requirements daily/weekly/monthly within set deadlines
* Have a passion for success and results
* Ability to work with minimal supervision & use initiative Accurate and eye for detail
* Good team working skills
Nice to have:
* Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.