20 days ago
* A Local Director for the East of England Region
* A District in the East of England built around the A12, A13 & A127 arterial routes covering much of South East Essex and responsible for 11 branches including Basildon & Chelmsford
* Salary £50,840–£73,436 a year on a full-time contract
* Competitive benefits package including company car or annual allowance
* Send in your application by 10th December 2018
We are currently going through an exciting period of change in our Branch Network and, as part of this, are committed to building leadership capability and creating succession opportunities across the branch network.
The District Manager Role has been renamed Local Director (LD) in line with the evolving branch network leadership structure and reports through to a Regional Director. As a Local Director you will have accountability and responsibility for running the district.
In order to support you in this role, you will have a tailored development plan which supports our continued efforts to strengthen our leadership and succession. This reinforces our commitment to the branch network and positions the Local Directors as our local leaders in the markets we operate in.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
* Experience within People Management and Development
* Operational knowledge of our Branch Network, Contact Centres or Administration Centres
* Proven leadership and management skills, in particular the ability to successfully lead a team remotely
* The ability to understand and adhere to operational and conduct risk requirements
* Experience of leading and embedding change programmes effectively
* Worked with budgets, monitoring costs whilst meeting FCA regulatory requirements
* Resilience, versatility and flexibility with the ability to prioritise effectively, make effective decisions and deal with ever-changing requests
* The ability to build 360° relationships and influence colleagues, peers and key stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
Your role will be to lead the district strategic, performance and management responsibilities to deliver and embed district change initiatives. Deliver Nationwide’s key priorities and strong performance for the District whilst nurturing personal development as well as that of peers and more junior colleagues through coaching or direct/matrix management. You’ll achieve this by;
* Leading and delivering new opportunities for the District and broader Region through external market insights and networking, including cross sector collaboration and engagement. Focusing on the member service agenda and complaints management framework for the district
* Identifying and promoting opportunities for cross-channel and digital optimisation to deliver great member outcomes
* Strengthen member relationships through leading the Social Investment plan within the District and positively contributing to the local community in the District
* Be a proactive advocate and leader for change at a District level to support the Region to achieve key goals whilst maximising employee engagement and enablement.
* Collaborate and influence key stakeholders within the District and Region supporting positive working relationships.
* Utilise appropriate risk management methods (conduct and operational) and maintain controls and documentation for your branches to deliver fair member outcomes and ensure operational and conduct risk requirements are achieved.