3 months ago
Loan Processing Officer
£18000 + Bonus
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsible for processing clients loan applications from enquiry through to completion. Focussing on first class customer service and offering the client the most appropriate loan solution to meet their individual circumstances, in a timely and compliant manner.
• Once the application has been underwritten, you will then be the first point of contact for the client.
• Deal efficiently with daily post received for each client case that you are responsible for. This involves logging of information onto computer, checking details adhere to lender criteria and legal requirements and progressing the client case as quickly as possible.
• Understand and interpret credit profile and land registry information.
• Chase clients, building societies and surveyors to ensure documents are received in a timely manner in order to offer the clients the most prompt service required.
• Package client cases accurately and send them to the lender, with all the required information, in order for loans to be paid out at the earliest possibility.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
• Educated to A level standard or equivalent is preferred.
• A mix of sales person, administrator and customer service champion all rolled into one, a great telephone manner is essential and proven experience gained in a similar pressured role working to targets.
• Additional skills will include being a self-starter, able to assimilate and interpret information, analytical skills and excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise.
• Ideally CeMAP qualified however the qualification would need to be undertaken to perform the role.
Personal Aptitudes Required
• Actively enjoy talking to clients and have the patience to explain lender criteria to clients.
• Drive and determination to meet targets and succeed.
• Competitiveness an advantage.
• Enjoy selling and be motivated by achieving results
• Ability to understand complex procedures and underwriting criteria
• Ability to prioritise
• Flexibility on working hours to enable achievement of goals
• Creative and innovative
• Excellent IT skills
• Experience working in a regulated environment.
The role holder will initially be employed on a probationary period during which they will receive training to enable them to competently work as a Loan officer. Throughout this training they will be assessed and any development areas highlighted. This will allow an opportunity for either party to determine their suitability for the role.
All loan officers performance is assessed on an ongoing basis against set targets. These include contact with clients, conversion of cases, number of cases paid out, time to pay out and percentage of compliant calls. Consistent achievement of targets is essential within this role.
Hours of Work
The Loan Staff are required to work from 9am to 5.30pm. The loan officer will therefore work a minimum of 37.5 hour contract in line with these hours, however in addition to this they are required to work the number of hours necessary to provide an excellent service to customers and to achieve targets.
Please apply online and submit your current CV and contact details.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
2 months ago
only 27 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close