3 months ago
* A Lead Network Engineer (Infrastructure Support Specialist Lead) in our head offices in Swindon.
* Salary £42,000- £61,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, 35 hour a week, contract.
* Please send in your application by 31/12/2018
We are looking for highly experienced engineers with solid networking background to work within an expanding team, which is supporting our business by delivering innovative networking solutions.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
* Have an engineering or computing degree (or equivalent business experience) with recent professional qualifications in switching, routing, security and network management.
* Be experienced in Network support and design.
* Have skills in at least 2 of the following technologies; ACI, Cloud, Firewall and Content Security, Network Management, Linux, Routing and Switching CCNP, Wireless.
* Be an approachable team member with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had design and support experience of:
* F5 LTM, GTM and ASM
* Microfocus NOM Suite, Skybox, Stealthwatch, Splunk
* Linux system management, Python Scripting and Ansible.
* Cisco ISE and NAC
* Cisco ASA, FTD, Juniper SRX
* McAfee, Bluecoat and Cisco WSA Proxies
What you'll be doing
You will be working within one of our network support teams providing hands on support for your area. Your goal is to prevent incidents occurring, but when the worst happens, restore service in the most pragmatic and efficient way. As well as excellent technical skills you may be required to line manage and coach staff.
You will be working in a highly skilled team, complemented by outsourced resources. Governance is an important part of this role and you will need to be comfortable to both perform reviews and being audited yourself. You will also be part of an on-call rota (never more than 1 week in 4).