about 1 month ago
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefónica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefónica S.A.
With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are much more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent.
Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the team
The Business Analysis team is responsible for working with business stakeholders and the technical teams to define the scope, requirements, business processes and customer experience for all IT and Networks projects/initiatives for TEF UK
About the role
The Lead Business Analyst will lead business analysis activities and a team of BAs (if applicable) on large/complex strategic programmes.
They will identify and work with key business stakeholders to shape and influence the scope and define requirements and business processes for initiatives end to end.
They may also be required to Line Manage BAs within the team.
The Lead BA will understand the key drivers and associated business benefits in order to aid investment decisions.
The Ideal candidate will have experience and be happy to work in both Agile and Waterfall environments. Agile framework would ideally be Scrum.
* Production of the business analysis artefacts on various medium and large programmes across the business to the required standards and quality e.g. requirements documentation, product backlogs, process models, and customer journeys
* Lead teams of Business Analysts on major programmes to ensure delivery of all BA artefacts through defining and managing associated BA plans and communications, team coordination and motivation, and assuring governance standards are met.
* Provide consultancy to business stakeholders to support in scope, business objective definition and high-level requirements for new initiatives / ideas, including tactful delivery of difficult messages, and liaison with technical architecture and development teams to drive in focus on return on investment.
* Contribute to the Business Analysis practice through building and sharing expertise in particular subject areas e.g. business units, process skills, tools, e.g. ARIS, ALM, Confluence and JIRA
* Line Management / Coaching / Mentoring of BAs
* Telecoms experience, or experience in similar fast-moving digital industry
* Able to demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
* Excellent stakeholder manager with proven ability to build and turn-round relationships with a wide variety of individuals from junior staff to senior managers e.g. direct reports, peers, technical experts, suppliers and both junior and senior business stakeholders.
* Experience of working in a collaborative manner, providing advice and guidance to the business demonstrating the ability to tactfully challenge business thinking and deliver difficult messages.
* Excellent understanding of and experience supporting Software Development Life Cycle, ideally in both Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies, especially SCRUM. Ideally this includes a technical background, e.g. software development experience, IT degree.
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly adapt and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Recruiter: Mollie Johnson
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.