4 months ago
About The Role
The role of a Lead Agile Business Analyst is tasked with the overall responsibility for capturing and articulating business requirements for the Tesco Mobile DevOps team across various programs of work that impact specific applications. This exciting role is at the core of agile project delivery, you would face both our talented DevOps members within the team as well as the wider stakeholders within Tesco Mobile business. This position reports into the Head of DevOps.
The role involves maintaining and managing the product backlog to ensure requirements and priorities are agreed and clear. As the Lead Agile Business Analyst you will liaise with the members of the agile DevOps team, business stakeholders and third party vendors to ensure successful delivery in time/cost/quality. You will lead and facilitate business engagements to establish scope, business needs, project objectives, outcomes and expectations on project delivery from initiation to release and maintenance. You will help to design solutions that meet people, process and technology needs and provide an optimal route from the As-Is to the To-Be
We are looking for an experienced agile business analyst manager with experience operating in an Agile development environment under a DevOps and Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) model. You will need to co-ordinate the production of estimates as well as the user stories that will define the scope of the changes required.
Essential Skills & Experience
* A proven track record of delivering projects in a challenging environment
* Hands-on demonstrable experience of all aspects of analysis, including requirements capture, business process modelling, use cases / user story writing and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
* Good understanding of solution design
* Experience of working with an agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
* Understanding of the Software Development lifecycle (SLDC) from initiation to live service.
* Ability to understand complex systems and issues and communicate these to both technical and non-technical people.
* Previous experience liaising with other departments (i.e. marketing, customer service, PMO teams)
* Understand and document the business requirements on DevOps applications in order to co-ordinate the production of an Order Of Magnitude or Impact Assessment request.
* Responsibility for capturing and articulating both business and system requirements for the DevOps team in User Stories
* Maintaining and managing the product backlog to ensure requirements and priorities are agreed and clear
* Liaising with all stakeholders involved to ensure successful delivery
* Supporting the Agile Test Manager, Technical Architect, Support lead and Scrum Master to plan and agree the delivery from initiation to support in live
* Ensuring agreed analysis deliverables (OOMs, IAs, and User Stories) are prepared according to project deadlines
* Mediating and resolving issues as and when they arise
Desirable skills & Experience
* Formal business analysis certification
* Telco experience
* Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies highly regarded for its community model.
In return for your outstanding efforts, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future.